Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC V RISCO - Big difference in Quote

Options
  • 28-10-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi there - I recently got two quotes for a home alarm system for a 4 bedroom dormer house - both from approved supplier/installers.

There was s significant difference in the two quotes so I wondering there is a difference in the solutions provided.

The HKC quote is for 1300e installation + 10 per month self monitoring cost.

The other is for 900e installation for a RISCO system + 100 annual self monitoring cost (8.4euro per month).
    This also includes an initial 6 months servicing and monitoring charges. I plan to go the self monitoring without a service contract after the initial 6 mths.

Can anyone offer any insight into why there might be such a big difference. I am planning of going with RISCO unless there is a major difference between the two systems.
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

HKC all the way. Shop around and you may well get a more competitive price. Self monitoring costs me €5 per month for my HKC so you shouldn’t be paying €10 per month.

Edit: A new alarm should not need “servicing” after 6 months!. I would expect an installer to stand over his work for 1 year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

HKC self monitoring app fpr €5.58 p/m here.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Ropo

1641 wrote: »
    HKC self monitoring app fpr €5.58 p/m here.

Sorry to jump in here ....Could you pm me that self monitoring is through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭daveyb2

2011 wrote: »
    HKC all the way. Shop around and you may well get a more competitive price. Self monitoring costs me €5 per month for my HKC so you shouldn’t be paying €10 per month.

Edit: A new alarm should not need “servicing” after 6 months!. I would expect an installer to stand over his work for 1 year anyway.

Thanks for the response. HKC certainly seems more popular but just trying to understand why it would be considered better than RISCO and whether its worth the extra €€.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

daveyb2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. HKC certainly seems more popular but just trying to understand why it would be considered better than RISCO and whether its worth the extra €€.

Thanks

I think you just found an expensive installer or you are not comparing like with like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement