Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork North Central By-Election (November 2019)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

These politicians are doing an excellent job. They have one thing to do: Shut up and say what we tell you to say.

Now... We want you to screw your fellow Irish. Bring in ridiculous laws to shut them up and ruin the lives of their children. Ram taxes down their throats. Tie up the news with stories of how "incompetent" you are. Quote "scientific facts" that are "95% consensus" about the environment.

You'll never have to worry about where to find resources- All taken care of.

By the way, don't mess with us... We know how to shut you up pretty fast.

Any questions?.... No? Excellent!

Congratulations, you're our new boy/ girl/ whatever in the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Even with the low turnout i'd be surprised if O'Sullivan didn't get in, Burke, while second favourite can't have been helped by Dara Murphy, again another FG cock up during an election close enough to Maria Bailey, and SF seem to be neck and neck with the Green Party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

Even with the low turnout i'd be surprised if O'Sullivan didn't get in, Burke, while second favourite can't have been helped by Dara Murphy, again another FG cock up during an election close enough to Maria Bailey, and SF seem to be neck and neck with the Green Party.

Yeah. Well it really doesn't matter which of them gets in. They're all communists. Just different faces of the same hydra. European Unionistas.

Rotten and useless all. I really don't give a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Paul Lee wrote: »
    Yeah. Well it really doesn't matter which of them gets in. They're all communists. Just different faces of the same hydra. European Unionistas.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Paul Lee wrote: »
    I really don't give a damn.

Unfortunately, that appears to not be true going by the teenage drivle you've posted.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/CNCTally/status/1200713726791430144

Early tallies. Looks like it'll be FF or FG, SF in mix still...

It’s FF’s to lose. The “Greenwave” didn’t carry over

https://twitter.com/cnctally/status/1200766471657467905?s=21

All over, Padraig O'Sullivan takes seat. FG beaten into 3rd behind SF. Wonder if Dara Murphy had a part to play in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

dulpit wrote: »
    All over, Padraig O'Sullivan takes seat. FG beaten into 3rd behind SF. Wonder if Dara Murphy had a part to play in that?

Dara Murphy has a lot of questions to answer. I grew up less than a kilometer from the guy and have had dealings with him, he's nothing but a spoofer and Colm Burke isn't a lot better, for someone who was an MEP and Lord Mayor of the city quite a few years back he has a very low profile outside his party.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

So who'll be the candidates in the GE?
    Will FF run one or two? If two who will be the second candidate with O'Sullivan.
    Will FG run two. Realistically there is only one seat. If two will it be Burke and Julie.
    Has Gould done enough to have two SF candidates? If so, could he beat O'Brien?
    Do Lab or Greens have chance of a seat.
    Will the largely absent Barry hold his seat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

FF will run two I reckon. Possibly the same with FG presuming O'Leary still wants to run.

Jonathon O'Brien won't be too happy that Gould has polled well this time as he's now likely to be added to the ticket now aswell.

Mick Barry could be in trouble next May.

If I had to predict, I'd go with FF, FG, SF getting the top 3 spots and it could be very tight between Lab, Green and Mick Barry for the last seat.

Mick Barry is in trouble IMO.

Next election will be either 2 FF,1 FG, 1 Sinn Fein, 1 Lab. From history, when it was a 5 seater, they held 3 of the 5 seats, Billy Kelleher, Noel O'Flynn & Dan Wallace before it was reduced to 4 seats.

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    So who'll be the candidates in the GE?
    Will FF run one or two? If two who will be the second candidate with O'Sullivan.
    2. They should have run 2 last time out. Probably one of the city-based councillors - Tony Fitzgerald was keen, as was Ken O'Flynn.
    Will FG run two. Realistically there is only one seat. If two will it be Burke and Julie.
    Julie O'Leary has already pulled out, so I guess they'll just run Burke on his own, they should get the 1 seat.
    Has Gould done enough to have two SF candidates? If so, could he beat O'Brien?
    They ran 2 last time out (Gould got 7.4% & O'Brien got 12.2%). They'll probably run both again, but O'Brien will (I guess) take it.
    Do Lab or Greens have chance of a seat.
    You would image so, Labour look like they are in with a shout of last seat.
    Will the largely absent Barry hold his seat?
    Doubt it.

Advertisement