Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation

Options
  • 29-10-2019 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I have to get a valuation done for my husbands house for an application for carers allowance. It would be a drive by valuation as my husbands ex wife wouldn't let us in the house.

Does anyone know the going rate for this in Dublin city?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't think anybody accredited would value a house without being allowed into it to see the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Hi there.

I have to get a valuation done for my husbands house for an application for carers allowance. It would be a drive by valuation as my husbands ex wife wouldn't let us in the house.

Does anyone know the going rate for this in Dublin city?

Thanks.

You'll get one for about €30 if you shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I don't think anybody accredited would value a house without being allowed into it to see the condition.

Theres something called a drive by valuation where it assesses the value based on other houses in the area, according to the woman on the phone in the carers allowance section. Whether that's true or not is another story!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

I got a drive by done last week in kildare its cost 80€ vat included.

Theres something called a drive by valuation where it assesses the value based on other houses in the area, according to the woman on the phone in the carers allowance section. Whether that's true or not is another story!

Yeah, they don't actually drive by.
    They just log onto propertypriceregister and assume your property is worth the same as others in the same locale.

• Advertisement

Mine was definitely from outside the house photos and all included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Drive bys involve the valuer assessing the value without entering, and yes they do drive to the property but will not seek to enter it. Op you will get this valuation for less than €100, I cant imagine anyone bothering to do it for €30 but I'm open to correction!

Phone up a couple of local auctioneers and you will soon be sorted.

triona1 wrote: »
    Mine was definitely from outside the house photos and all included.

That's what the extra €50 paid for ;)

Doop wrote: »
    Drive bys involve the valuer assessing the value without entering, and yes they do drive to the property but will not seek to enter it. Op you will get this valuation for less than €100, I cant imagine anyone bothering to do it for €30 but I'm open to correction!

Phone up a couple of local auctioneers and you will soon be sorted.

They don't do that for €30.
    They log onto propertypriceregister for €30.

I'm happy paying that if I get 200k into my hand! And it was definitely a new picture as a family member that lives in the home had only bought a car 2 day's previous and it's in the photo.but I also got on the drive by valuation the price of other 3/4 beds in the area its very detailed and will stand up in court.

• Advertisement
Advertisement