Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Bulldog Breeders

• 29-10-2019 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a contact for a reputable Frenchie breeder in Ireland? We've done our research and settled on this breed.

Many thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a contact for a reputable Frenchie breeder in Ireland? We've done our research and settled on this breed.

Many thanks,
    Paul

Have you contacted the Irish Kennel club and made an enquiry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

<link removed>

Highly recommend this lady Lilya.

Or this kennel.
    <Link removed>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Sorry andreac,
    Champdogs is an online adverts site and as you know links to adverts are not permitted. I know its one of the better sites but there are a number of reasons for that rule. You are welcome to forward your links by PM.

Sorry andreac,
    Champdogs is an online adverts site and as you know links to adverts are not permitted. I know its one of the better sites but there are a number of reasons for that rule. You are welcome to forward your links by PM.

Oh sorry, i didn't realise that. Can i link to a fb page then?

Hopefully this one is ok, it's their website.

https://frenchbulldog.webs.com/

The other one to look up who i highly recommend is Celticlibrid French Bulldogs. That's Lilya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

andreac wrote: »
    Oh sorry, i didn't realise that. Can i link to a fb page then?

There is no rule against it but personally i think a lot of breeders dont appreciate their details posted on an open forum and people with a bone to pick have a tendancy to come along years later and dig up threads where people have been named. Usually first time posters who find threads by googling someones name or kennel name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Breed club all the way. Take a look at the German Shepherds post OP - this is the kind of breeder that advertises on a website(!).
    I'm not a fan of FBs - sorry to any owners - there's always one in the vets when we're waiting and their breeding drives me mad.

Here is the contact for the Club.
    K Croarkin
    Palmerstown, Dublin 20 087 7860157
    6pm – 9pm frenchbulldogsocietyofireland@gmail.com
    Kevin is the secretary's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

Thanks all, I'll check through all the links you kindly gave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't really want to be the party-pooper, but have you really thought and read about getting a French Bulldog?

Looking for a reputable breeder is a good idea, as it increases the chance that your future dog might be free of the genetic diseases that plague this breed.

But even a healthy French bulldog is by no means a sound dog. Like all brachycephalic dogs, it will spend its whole life struggling for breath, have problems keeping cool, will be limited in exercise.

Something worth considering before committing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have a French bulldog for +2 years, do your research go via the IKC see the parents etc, where it is being raised.
    Also get the pup checked by a vet.
    Touch wood absolutely zero health issues, breathes with no issues.
    Healthy and lots of big long walks, great coat and lots of energy.
    A great dog with a serious personality and excellent temperament.
    I am a member of french bulldog Meetup group and the health and quality of the dogs is all over the place unfortunately so be cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Daeltaja

peasant wrote: »
    Don't really want to be the party-pooper, but have you really thought and read about getting a French Bulldog?

Looking for a reputable breeder is a good idea, as it increases the chance that your future dog might be free of the genetic diseases that plague this breed.

But even a healthy French bulldog is by no means a sound dog. Like all brachycephalic dogs, it will spend its whole life struggling for breath, have problems keeping cool, will be limited in exercise.

Something worth considering before committing.

Yep we are aware of the issues that plague this breed and will be extremely cautious. I've reached out to IKC and frenchbulldog society, will see what they come back with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd assume at this stage you'll be waiting until the new year OP - don't rush into it and choose a good breeder! Seriously some of the ones at the vets (we go to the vets every week as my dog gets laser therapy) - the noise would drive me mad! My dog sits with his head to one side looking at them lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭joey100

Have two French bulldogs from two different breeders, female who is 3 and male who is 1, both neutered. Both are very different, different shapes, different sizes and different levels of activity. We have only had them in the vets when they have hurt each other playing or for dodgy stomachs, some of the breed can have very sensitive stomachs. Never an issue with either with breathing, so there are some healthy bulldogs out there. Go to the bulldog meet up club too and you see huge differences with them. Some have awful breathing, some have dodgy hips and some look very healthy. I'd try and get along to the French bulldog meet up club and have a look at some of them and get some info there.

I'd definitely be looking to see both parents, we seen a fair few pups both times before we decided on ours. You can tell a lot from how the parents move and breath, it won't guarantee anything but should give you an idea. We met the breeders before they had their litters and then at least twice while the pup was young.

Advertisement