Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Top Up

Options
  • 29-10-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, tried to top up my mobile phone yesterday. The money was taken out of my account but I got no notification from Three. I contacted them and they said they hadn't received it and was advised that it would go back to my account within 3-5 days. They said to try it again. I topped up a second time yesterday and that also didn't go through to Three, yet another €20 was debited from my account.
    Today I phoned Three who informed me it was a banking365 problem and that I would get refunded by you.
    So, I topped up a third time, using the Three App and not only did I get a notification that it went through but few minutes after I get two more stating the top ups yesterday went through.
    Who is going to refund me the extra €40 spent on top ups plus the €12 used from my credit for using data?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

mumto2 wrote: »
    Hi, tried to top up my mobile phone yesterday. The money was taken out of my account but I got no notification from Three. I contacted them and they said they hadn't received it and was advised that it would go back to my account within 3-5 days. They said to try it again. I topped up a second time yesterday and that also didn't go through to Three, yet another €20 was debited from my account.
    Today I phoned Three who informed me it was a banking365 problem and that I would get refunded by you.
    So, I topped up a third time, using the Three App and not only did I get a notification that it went through but few minutes after I get two more stating the top ups yesterday went through.
    Who is going to refund me the extra €40 spent on top ups plus the €12 used from my credit for using data?

Hi mumto2,

thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

When you top-up your mobile number through the mobile app it is like making a transfer. We would send the money to Three's account  to top-up the mobile number you have provided when requesting the mobile top-up online. Once you see the payment debit your Bank of Ireland account this has been successfully sent to Three. We would recommend that you contact Three directly to process the refunds to your account.

If you require a proof of payment for this you can request this by logging into your account through a pc/Laptop, select service desk and Ask a Question. Alternatively you can call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 and one of our advisors will be happy to help you with this.

We hope this helps.

Thanks jen

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mumto2

Hi Jen, thanks for your reply. I did ring them again and the Customer Care Representative said their Technical Team checked it out and they didn't receive any funds from BOI., that it was a problem with the 365 app yesterday.
    So, they said to contact you for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Jen, thanks for your reply. I did ring them again and the Customer Care Representative said their Technical Team checked it out and they didn't receive any funds from BOI., that it was a problem with the 365 app yesterday.
    So, they said to contact you for a refund.

Thanks for coming back to us mumto2. We appreciate the information you have given us here today. Please be assured that all payments to Three were successful and we would strongly recommend that you get back in touch with Three in relation to this. Once you can see the payments leaving your Bank of Ireland account this indicates the funds have been sent to Three. It is likely they may have had technical difficulties processing payments on their side. We understand that you have spent some time already trying to resolve this. If we may suggest contact Three again let them know the information we have given you here today and it might be best to raise this officially with them and have a complaint investigator look further into and resolve this for you.

We really hope that they look after this promptly for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mumto2

Hi again Jen.

Thanks for your reply.

I got back to them and they're not going to refund me. They said they don't refund on prepay accounts and are not admitting responsibility but have offered to top of up the next two months instead.

I don't want to be automatically topped up as have sufficient funds on my account, so will be raising a Dispute with them tomorrow. (A BOI customer rep told me today that the transactions are apparently showing as pending on my account).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Originally posted by mumto2
    Hi again Jen.

Thanks for your reply.

I got back to them and they're not going to refund me. They said they don't refund on prepay accounts and are not admitting responsibility but have offered to top of up the next two months instead.

I don't want to be automatically topped up as have sufficient funds on my account, so will be raising a Dispute with them tomorrow. (A BOI customer rep told me today that the transactions are apparently showing as pending on my account).

Hi mumto2,

Thanks for coming back to us here today. We do hope that this is resolved for you by Three.

Once the transaction appears as a debit on your account the funds have been sent to Three's account to Top-up the mobile number provided. As mentioned above if Three require a proof of payment for these transactions you can certainly request this by logging into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Service Desk and Ask a Question and one of our advisors will be happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement