Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prevent iPhone calls cutting in to Bluetooth speaker?

Options
  • 29-10-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone synced to a Bluetooth speaker to listen to music while I work.

I have the phone on silent, so push notifications are not heard through the speaker, which is great.

My problem is this: if a call comes through and goes to voicemail, it plays through the speaker. So, everyone in the room can hear the caller leaving the message. Very annoying.

Is is possible to isolate the Bluetooth connection so that only music and radio are heard through the speaker?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Dinarius wrote: »
    I have an iPhone synced to a Bluetooth speaker to listen to music while I work.

I have the phone on silent, so push notifications are not heard through the speaker, which is great.

My problem is this: if a call comes through and goes to voicemail, it plays through the speaker. So, everyone in the room can hear the caller leaving the message. Very annoying.

Is is possible to isolate the Bluetooth connection so that only music and radio are heard through the speaker?

Thanks.

D.

Thats a strange one as normally, with or without a bluetooth speaker connected, you shouldn't hear the person leaving their message, you should only be able to hear the voicemail after you dial into your mailbox.

Ive just replicated what you are describing and when I called my phone, the music stopped on the speaker, as the phone was also on silent, there was no ringtone heard from either the phone or speaker, and when i went to voicemail, the music restarted on the speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

Even though phone is on silent, ringtone is heard through Bluetooth speaker. Even louder than the music.

D.

Advertisement