Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appointment cancellation

Options
  • 29-10-2019 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I have fully paid for a gas boiler service and Climote bundle through Electric Ireland. I had an appointment scheduled for today between 8am and 1pm for the installation. The installer phoned me last night to say he would be there between 9-11am. My wife took the day off work to be at home for the installation. The installer never showed up and we were never contacted to say that he would not be turning up.

I called the number provided for Electric Ireland twice and was told they would try to contact the installer. At 1pm I called back to ask for an update. I was eventually told the installer was sick and would not be showing up. I understand these things happen but this is really unacceptable. The least I would expect is a phone call to explain that there would be no appointment today and to ask if I would like to reschedule. I will now have to rearrange for myself or my wife to take more time off work to facilitate a new appointment. Since I have paid in full for this service and I am still awaiting installation, I would like to know how Electric Ireland are going to try rectify this and assist me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AaronH1505

I find it hilarious that i just got the same "the engineer is out sick" excuse from electric ireland after talking and emailing more then 20 agents, being cold transferred to numerous people and having to call out my information every single time to verify myself

Ive paid the 89 euro and never once got a call from any engineer to say he would be coming only the scheduled appointment from Electric Ireland

ive taken a morning off work and now have to do it all again tomorrow

i am with Electric Ireland less then a week without service and the whole thing is a joke.

i can now see why all the google reviews on the company are so bad

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi TransportD, 

We're really sorry to read this.

Can you please send us a private message?

We will need the following details: 

- Your full name
    - Your address
    - Your contact number
    - Your account number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We can then look into this for you.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TransportD

Hi TransportD, 

We're really sorry to read this.

Can you please send us a private message?

We will need the following details: 

- Your full name
    - Your address
    - Your contact number
    - Your account number

We can then look into this for you.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife
    PM sent

Hi AaronH1505,

We regret to read this.

Would it be possible to send us a private message with your details? We can then look into this.

We will need the following details in order to do so:

- Your full name
    - Your contact number
    - Your account number
    - Your address

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AaronH1505

Done thanks

• Advertisement

Hi TransportD and AaronH1505, 

Thank you both for getting back to us.

We have received your private messages.

You will be updated as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement