Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root canal complications after treatment

• 29-10-2019 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Just wondering what complications can occur after root canal and what length of time you should give it to recover before seeking further advice. I.e pain , headaches etc.

Thanks
    Tasha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fiacha

Talk to the dentist performing the root canal and ask them what the aftercare process is. Make a list of your concerns and questions.

I've had one root canal done. The procedure was painless. They gave me a couple of OTC pain killers and an appointment for a follow up before I left. I was told to call if I had any issues / concerns.

I had some jaw ache and very mild infrequent pain for a couple of days afterwards. When I went back for the follow up, the dentist wasn't happy with the swelling around the tooth so she repeated the root canal. She found another bit of infection that she missed the first time. No complications after that. This was all covered under the price agreed on at the start.

I was dreading the whole thing, but it was no hassle at all.

Advertisement