Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RO filter.

Options
  • 29-10-2019 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good RO filter for water?
    Our water isn't great so I'm going to invest. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

Zulu wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good RO filter for water?
    Our water isn't great so I'm going to invest. Thanks.

★★★★&#973... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007ZD8TOY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I got this. Only had it since may but happy with it so far. The pumped versions are more efficient which helps when you forget to collect water the day before.
    I had a few issues setting it up & they were very quick to reply with help. Found out after buying through Amazon that they have an Irish website you can order through as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Sound.
    Is the pump purely for increased tap pressure?

Also, the storage tank. In the manual only one pipe goes into it!?! Is that right? I was thinking an outlet should also be there.

Also (sorry for all the questions), could I put the filter under the sink, and the storage tank about 1 meter away in a different cabinate? (Im thinking a corner cabinate 1-1.5m away from the sink.

Thanks.

Zulu wrote: »
    Sound.
    Is the pump purely for increased tap pressure?

Also, the storage tank. In the manual only one pipe goes into it!?! Is that right? I was thinking an outlet should also be there.

Also (sorry for all the questions), could I put the filter under the sink, and the storage tank about 1 meter away in a different cabinate? (Im thinking a corner cabinate 1-1.5m away from the sink.

Thanks.

The pump forces more water over the membrane & also needed if there is low pressure.
    I have all mine under the sink. I also bought a triflow tap which is handy as everything comes through the same tap without needing a 2nd.
    Not sure about leaving the storage tank so far away. It would probably work fine but not sure if it's supplied with enough tubing.
    There is only 1 tube to the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

how long is that tube (roughly)?

sorry forgot to answer you. I've no idea of the length. When I fitted mine I left room to be able to pull it out without disconnecting & I had some left over so probably enough to do what you want but I'm not 100%. I threw out the excess so not sure what was left but probably about a meter.
    you could probably just buy a couple of extra meters of tubing

• Advertisement
Advertisement