Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Jazz/fit

• 29-10-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all
    I’m thinking of purchasing one of these as I now need to purchase a second car for the household, that’ll primarily be doing city driving around Dublin. Trips of less than 5k, I’m under the impression that petrol is better suited to that then diesel. (I have a diesel for longer distance journeys).
    We are a family of 4 with a 7 year old in a booster seat and 5 year old in a full size child seat. We also have a dog, so i like the versatility this car offers.
    It seems to have cheap road tax (less than €200).
    I like the look of it (on the internet, haven’t seen one in the flesh yet).
    It’s automatic so great for city driving.
    Honda are a reliable brand, but how come there aren’t more on the road?
    Are there problems with them?
    Were/ are they expensive to buy new?
    Are they comfortable?
    Would you guys recommend a different car in and around that price bracket (7k) that suits the above criteria?
    Ps I’m looking at 2011 models ranging from 50-80k mileage.
    Thanks a lot for the help guys.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

In my opinion reason for Honda not being as popular as some other brands is that they are priced high, and don't offer that much of a comfort or prestige.
    However they offer extra reliability and that's probably the reason for their high prices.
    Most models are also driver-car types, but not necesserily honda Jazz/Fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

tom1ie wrote: »
    Honda are a reliable brand, but how come there aren’t more on the road?
    Are there problems with them?
    Were/ are they expensive to buy new?
    Are they comfortable?
    Would you guys recommend a different car in and around that price bracket (7k) that suits the above criteria?
    Ps I’m looking at 2011 models ranging from 50-80k mileage.
    Thanks a lot for the help guys.
    Tom.

I bought a manual version earlier this year, and very pleased with it for similar style "pottering around".

There are more around than you think - until I bought one I thought I'd never seen one in my life (and was keeping an eye out for them while waiting for delivery. I think they're kind of unobtrusive, so you don't necessarily recognise them :)

The furthest I've gone in mine since I got it is about 250km in one day, and it was perfectly comfortable.

I've got the 1.3 petrol, and my main gripe about it is that for some steep hills I use regularly I have to drop to second gear, whereas other cars (even small cars) have managed those hills in 3rd. It's not quite as fast on take off as my last small car, but that was a bit of a rocket. I don't really need to drive around town like a rally driver. My only other gripe is the fact that the head unit runs on Android, but there isn't a "simple" way to get google maps on there. It's not impossible, but it's not straightforward.

The magic seats are, indeed, magic. Someone else I know actually bought one based on seeing me flip the seats up one day - they really are versatile. Interior finish is nice compared to a few other cars I looked at in the same style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just remember that the Fit is a Japanese import so some parts may be different and harder to come by if needed. Insurance can also be higher on Japanese imports too.

Advertisement