Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Raheny/Edenmore

Options
  • 29-10-2019 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all - I know questions have been asked about buying property in Raheny/Edenmore area before but I couldn't find any info on the specific area that I have spotted a nice house in. The property is Millwood Park, would anyone know much about this particular street? I'm not from Dublin and I've heard mixed things about the area, biggest financial decision i'll ever make so want to make sure its a decent place to buy. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

I'd say it's a good area to put down roots. You're obviously working within a certain budget. Yes, there'll be some tramps living around the area, but you're going to get that everywhere in future. It's a well established area with shops, schools and public transport close by. Most neighbours would be extremely decent, and pushing on in years. I'd much rather an established area like that, than buying a new build out the road in Clongriffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There will be some Gobshytes and you're doing the best thing by trying to get information on a specific estate / street. I bought in similar circumstances and make sure you visit at odd hours of the day and night to see what it's like. Now is a particularly good time with the kids being off and Halloween. Go up to the local shops and speak to the security guards and the local pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Start with eliminating Raheny from the address. Its Edenmore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Edgware wrote: »
    Start with eliminating Raheny from the address. Its Edenmore

Edenmore is in Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

OP you should start by Googling Edenmore and compare the number of Garda and crime related results to a Google of another area you are considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭greengrass88

Thanks all for the replies. Yes it would be good to drive around some night and have a look.
    Looking at the crime stats...raheny doesn't have high rates of crime compared to other places. But I was wondering if some criminal offences that happen in edenmore might be reported through the coolock guarda station due to the proximity, therefore skewing the stats. Raheny seems lovely but I'm just not sure about particular streets and areas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Anyway apart from the Edenmore v Raheny slagging. Edenmore no more than any other local authority area of its age has moved on. A lot of the houses are now privatly owned often by sons or daughters of the original tenants. They have refurbished them to good standards and are getting on with their lives. I suppose you will just have to do as much research into the neighbourhood as you can and see if you can get any rundown on neighbours etc.

Advertisement