Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to US - Impact on Account

Options
  • 29-10-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I’m going to be moving to the US for a couple of years. Does my move have any impact on credit card and current account?

Thanks
    LJS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

cormoleary wrote: »
    Hi

I’m going to be moving to the US for a couple of years. Does my move have any impact on credit card and current account?

Thanks
    LJS

Hi cormoleary,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards, nice to hear from you.

Firstly we would like to wish you the very best of luck on your new adventure in the US. Please be assured that we no longer ask our customers to provide us with travel notification prior to travelling abroad. Instead we ask that your mobile number is up to date with us.

To check your mobile number is up to date with us please log into your account through a Pc/Laptop, select Manage Accounts and amend my mobile number. This means that should a transaction flag to your account as suspicious whilst abroad our card security team can contact you without delay.

We would also recommend that you keep your address up to date with us. You can up date your postal address by logging into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Service Desk and Ask a Question. Alternatively you can call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000(from abroad).

For useful hint and tips on using the cards abroad please see here.

I hope this helps and please be advised that we are available on Twitter 24/7 if you need anything else while abroad.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement