Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving before CID

• 29-10-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭

Hi again, just checking if you were offered a better RPT contract (while you were in your second year) - can this be brought with you to the new position and made eligible for CID?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Hi again, just checking if you were offered a better RPT contract (while you were in your second year) - can this be brought with you to the new position and made eligible for CID?

Within the same ETB? I'm not sure. Outside of ETB in the voluntary sector I'd say no as each school operates independently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Within the same ETB? I'm not sure. Outside of ETB in the voluntary sector I'd say no as each school operates independently

Not ETB. I was thinking that CIDs like posts stay in the school. I got it confirmed from the department as well. I have a friend on second year 11 RPT who has applied for 22 RPT and wondering if they would have to start again. I'd be tempted by the 22 personally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What a daft set up that outside an ETB, a person on a full hours CID, possibly with many years experience, is trapped in the one school for life, unless they want to risk going back and starting the process for a CID again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

spurious wrote: »
    What a daft set up that outside an ETB, a person on a full hours CID, possibly with many years experience, is trapped in the one school for life, unless they want to risk going back and starting the process for a CID again.

Or you have to stay where you are on a low hour CID afraid to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Snapgal

if in Dublin move but don't do what I did - resigned from CID job after 14 years move west and still nowhere near getting own hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement