Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile entries open November 1st

Options
  • 29-10-2019 9:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This tends to sell out pretty quickly so you need to be quick off the mark. Same day as the Trim 10 mile so a bit of choice for this day anyway!

Transfers have been allowed in this race over the last couple of years, but please wait for thread title to be changed before trying to transfer entries, if it hasn't been changed to verify posts on transfers will be allowed, please just poke one of the mods and we will change it.

https://www.dungarvan10mile.org/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What time on Friday is registration open

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What time on Friday is registration open

It doesn't seem to specify a time, at least not anywhere I can see it. Maybe that's by design and they'll open it at midnight or something?

Last year was an absolute disaster - website crashed and they ended up going to a ballot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

This years event is on Event Master so looks like they ditched the crew that were running it last year, can’t think of their names but they are Amateur cowboys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Cona wrote: »
    This years event is on Event Master so looks like they ditched the crew that were running it last year, can’t think of their names but they are Amateur cowboys.

Aren't eventmaster the same ones who run Dublin marathon entry system, which crashed during the summer? :)

Aren't eventmaster the same ones who run Dublin marathon entry system, which crashed during the summer? :)

No idea. Haaa. If a companys IT infrastructure can’t handle a few thousand hits, it really needs look at itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

looking forward to this, I'd imagine 9am but if I'm still awake after midnight tomorrow night I'll see if it's open then. There's also a postal entry so print off the entry form if you're worried you'll miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

I did Trim last year. I'm torn between Trim and the John Treacy, which I've never done.

Anyone able to offer pros or cons of each?

never ran Trim but if you like a good spread of food afterwards then Dungarvan is out on it's own! This was my first time doing it, plenty of parking around the town, the race hq was about 1km from the finish line but it was a lovely walk in the sea air. No hard hills on the route and a good buzz around the finish area.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Anyone know which race would be flatter/faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Now open.

Missed it last year so been checking since 5am - sad life....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Entry in the bag. Third year in a row. Great start to the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

In also. Great event. Looking forward to the spread afterwards already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

In too:) Like the rugby ad now, all in??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Signed up for this but didn't receive any email. Money is gone from my account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Registered via iPhone, wouldn't work on iPad as county and mobile fields were missing just in case anyone is trying on iPad, I haven't the latest software though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

In as well - will be my 4th time doing it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Im in for Trim :)

I didn't get the email either yet but I'm sure it'll come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Full up now it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kobayashi2020

Signed up for this but didn't receive any email. Money is gone from my account though.

Same here

• Advertisement

I just checked the other folders of my gmail, it went into "promotions" at the exact time I registered

Sold out in less than an hour I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Had no problem entering bright & early this morning but I see that entries closed at 11am. That's impressively quick to sell out.

Totally forgot until just now. Hopefully they’re allowing transfers this year.

edit: they have a waiting list

Totally forgot until just now. Hopefully they’re allowing transfers this year.

edit: they have a waiting list

Where is the waiting list?

Cona wrote: »
    Where is the waiting list?

No idea. They've said on Facebook that there will be one, asked how I can get on this waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

No idea. They've said on Facebook that there will be one, asked how I can get on this waiting list.

https://eventmaster.ie/event/ZPysMWcZY?fbclid=IwAR2MI8BOZXcx2iH8t-8oDUbX9pWkTiNUbq52exnEK8GyyehZZH1Gdlz-Xvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I had hoped to race this one. I left it too late. Ah well next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I had hoped to race this one. I left it too late. Ah well next time.

Trim usually on the same day.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

This is a disgrace.
    They should have made allowances for people who don't have Internet. They should have taken entries over the phone. Why was I not consulted personally before they let it sell out?

I demand to see the full expense records of anyone who has ever ran this race

Etc etc

Advertisement