Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile entries open November 1st

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

event wrote: »
    This is a disgrace.
    They should have made allowances for people who don't have Internet. They should have taken entries over the phone. Why was I not consulted personally before they let it sell out?

I demand to see the full expense records of anyone who has ever ran this race

Etc etc

Yawn.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

There was a form on the website that could be downloaded and snailmailed with a cheque or postal order before a certain date in January. I don't know if they're holding a certain number of places for postal entries, it was expected to sell out within hours so a postal entry wouldn't get there til Monday at the earliest.

I didn't notice until someone commented on Facebook that there was no question about t-shirt size on the online entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

For gods sake, why didn’t they have a lottery as this would have been fairest approach?

they did a lottery last year and everybody I know who wanted an entry got one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

niallo32 wrote: »

Yep, found it eventually, thanks.

To be more serious...I get the impression from the waiting list form that they may be using waiting list to see what numbers the rest of the interest is to see if they can get approval to sell more.

• Advertisement

the same was said about the DCM lottery but the roads around Dungarvan are different. I think there's 3000 entries as it is and the roads are very narrow in some parts, albeit a few miles in where the crowd may have dispersed but it also runs on part of the n25 and then the start and finish areas aren't huge, I can't see them increasing it by that much TBH. Maybe they'll change the route for 2021 if they have more interest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Remember how successful Ballycotton became & where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

OOnegative wrote: »
    Remember how successful Ballycotton became & where it is now.

To be fair it was a race that was well ran race for over 40 years and they got sick of putting up with alot of the crap that modern running community brings for little to no thanks.

Can hardly blame them (especially when you see what has happened with the likes of the backlash of DCM)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Got quite the surprise when I came home to an email with this subject - "John Treacy 10 Mile Cancellation", luckily it wasn't what I first thought! Friend of mine texted me to say he got the same one & jumped to the same conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

opus wrote: »
    Got quite the surprise when I came home to an email with this subject - "John Treacy 10 Mile Cancellation", luckily it wasn't what I first thought! Friend of mine texted me to say he got the same one & jumped to the same conclusion.

Same here

• Advertisement

yeah I was getting ready for work this morning and my other half was still in bed, I looked at my phone and said "ah FFS" out loud and woke him up. Glad it a false alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭jfh

Any recommendations for a few sub 60 workouts? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Is the only way of entering at this stage via a transfer nominee? If so, if you can't make it and want to transfer could you please pm me? TIA

Just got an offer of a place from waiting list by email. Have until the 10th to take it...haven't been running much but might be good to spin down a do a steady run around at miles off pb pace :D

Friend of mine got the same yesterday, as she's coming back from injury was debating whether or not to take it but convinced her this morning.

opus wrote: »
    Friend of mine got the same yesterday, as she's coming back from injury was debating whether or not to take it but convinced her this morning.

Got distracted with real life and totally forgot. Oh well. Bandy hip keeps giving out to me when I run anyway :( Will get to this one one day...will look at Mallow instead perhaps.

Don't leave it too late if you're interested as that one sells out as well, last update I saw was this:
    Update: 10th Dec 2019... Half of the 2,200 places are now gone. That's slightly faster than last year when 1,000 had gone by the 8th of December.

Still open at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Great day out in dungarvan today. Two new course records for Mick Clohisey and Aoife Cooke. Kevin maunsell also ran quicker than the previous course record.

An over two minute improvement from last year to this year for me and another Nike t-shirt to go with my previous ones. Looking forward to next year already.

Well done to all the organisers and volunteers. Spread as usual top class. Some effort involved to get the Waterford to Cork Road closed for the start.

For sure they lay on a great event. Impressive times there given there was a tasty bit of wind in parts of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Great event, will definitely go back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

The wind seemed to be in the face for 6 miles so the times seemed really impressive, must be the Vaporflys on every 2nd person's feet.

Good course not as flat as i thought it would be, think i would still prefer Mallow as a course but seems to be more depth in Dungarvan??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Just seen that the 2021 version has been postponed.
    Probably the right decision under the current circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Ceepo wrote: »
    Just seen that the 2021 version has been postponed.
    Probably the right decision under the current circumstances

Another year of it:(

Advertisement