Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying motor parts in Limerick?

• 29-10-2019 11:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to buy an actuator for the boot of my Octavia. anyone know if I can pick one up in Limerick or if I have to buy online??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I need to buy an actuator for the boot of my Octavia. anyone know if I can pick one up in Limerick or if I have to buy online??

Cheers

There's a huge scrap yard called Auto Breakers at Ballysheedy Cross. They would be worth a try.

It's like a supermarket of spare parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I've always found online cheaper. Half them breakers charge you the price of a new OEM piece.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you know your prices you'll do ok in a scrappie.

How much for this actuator? €50. They are €38 new - will you take €20?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll do some research / visits. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

If you know your prices you'll do ok in a scrappie.

How much for this actuator? €50. They are €38 new - will you take €20?

yeah but isnt that just a ****ty model to have pretty much ripping unsuspecting people off and the reason people will go online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I've got parts from autobreak before..found them excellent, can be hard to get through on the phone as they are so busy but keep trying.once you do they are very helpful. One guy sent me a picture of a part so I could be sure it was the right one and had it ready on the counter for me to pick up as I was under pressure for time. Also, take it handy driving there, very narrow road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If Autobreak don’t have it then try Bob Sweeney’s scrap yard in Castleconnell

Advertisement