Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family hotels in either Albufeira, costa Adeje or Puerto del carmen

• 30-10-2019 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭

Hello, I would love to hear your recommendations for hotels in these areas. We like busy large complexes with loads going on and good entertainment and walking distance to everything.

We have done all inclusive the last few years but are open to self catering too.

We've a 11 year old and 1 year old to keep happy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Stayed in alfagar in Albufeira last 5 years . Was very good . Plenty to do and see . Ya can just stay in complex itself or your a 10 min walk to new town and a 8 euro taxi to old town . Always go start of June it’s usually about 25 degrees or little warmer . Loads of little places to eat and supermarkets within a couple of mins . Nice beach 2 mins away and complex itself has few pools for all ages .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

spurshero wrote: »
    Stayed in alfagar in Albufeira last 5 years . Was very good . Plenty to do and see . Ya can just stay in complex itself or your a 10 min walk to new town and a 8 euro taxi to old town . Always go start of June it’s usually about 25 degrees or little warmer . Loads of little places to eat and supermarkets within a couple of mins . Nice beach 2 mins away and complex itself has few pools for all ages .

Thanks I was looking at the alfagar II and the alfager alto de colina, both are fab! We are limited to when we can go with my husbands holidays from work unfortunately so early june is out of the question this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

We stayed in the alfagar colina last year in June. We loved it. Our 10 year old loved the water slides. One year old would enjoy the splash Park and playground. It's a bit out of town though and we spent a lot on taxis. Kids club was running but had to pay I think 4 euro per session. They advertise an aerial adventure but wasn't running when we were there. All in all a good family place to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

Just back from Costa Adeje, Villa Tagoro 4 star
    This about 1km up a steep hill
    Its easy to walk down to the coast, but with a buggy , a taxi back would be best, taxi is 5E
    Nice food ,staff, rooms , entertainment etc
    I paid a little extra for a suite with a massive balcony, if your little one naps during the day, (in the room) you can catch some sun, and still keep am eye on your little one

At the coast mainly five star hotels , in this area
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fanabe+beach&rlz=1C1GGRV_enIE773IE773&oq=fanabe+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.4006j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you tire of the beach , pool etc
    The bay at Costa Adeje is full of dolphins whales, and boat trips are not expensive
    boat trips leave from ;
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enIE773IE773&sxsrf=ACYBGNT-hNlPLq_m5RHU2apUecZwmLnVYg%3A1572533492731&ei=9PS6XeyPLJfbhwOWwqCoDw&q=puerto+colon&oq=puerto+colo&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i20i263j0i67l2j0l6j0i20i263.149782.154237..156149...2.4..0.319.4038.3-13......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i39j0i131j0i10j0i13.RvOXO8lrS8Y

the port is walkable to most hotels

Jungle Park is near, and a coach pickup is included in your ticket

Caleta , is adjacent to Adjege, and has more charm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Stopped at Vila Petra in Albufiera a few times

Aparthotel style

https://www.vilapetra.com/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just back from Alfagar - highly recommended, plenty for the kids to do. We stayed in the Alfagar Village which is the cheapest of the whole maze of separate brands there, but you can use the facilities of all the locations.

Advertisement