Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Megane 2 handbrake issue

• 30-10-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been having a hand brake related issue for a long time now, the car keeps slipping when the brake is applied, the lever doesnt move when applied, but the car slips, particularly while the clutch is gradually released. We ve changed the lever twice, cables and pads, but I'm still experiencing this issue. The replacement levers(both second hand) arent great, but the current one seems to be better than the last one, the disks dont seem too bad, and the calipers seem to be also okay, as they are returning to their rest position. I suspect the problem is a deeper one, any ideas what we need to check next?

Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭FDave

Have the cables beeen adjusted properly. They can stretch over time aand no amount of adjusting will fix that so might need replacement. A fully adjusted cable should pull the lever on the caliper 1mm off the stop in a pre tensioned state. Shouldnt be to dificult to spot any cable slack at the caliper end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

FDave wrote:
    Have the cables beeen adjusted properly. They can stretch over time aand no amount of adjusting will fix that so might need replacement. A fully adjusted cable should pull the lever on the caliper 1mm off the stop in a pre tensioned state. Shouldnt be to dificult to spot any cable slack at the caliper end.

I'd like to think the cables have been adjusted correctly, I'm actually not doing this work myself, the cables have also been replaced as a part of this process, but slipping is still occuring

Advertisement