Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build for gaming and CAD modelling

Options
  • 30-10-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello

I am looking to build a new PC for gaming and some light AutoCAD Revit modelling. I need everything - pc, monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS. I used to have a passing interest in PC building but I am completely out of the loop on the latest hardware.

The recommended requirements for a small scale modelling on AutoCAD Revit is as follows. I'd like to exceed these if possible:

CPU: Multi-Core Intel Xeon, or i-Series processor or AMD equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended.

RAM: 8GB

VIDEO ADAPTOR: DirectX 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 5.
    A list of certified cards can be found on the Autodesk Certified Hardware page

VIDEO DISPLAY: 1680 x 1050 with true color

1. What is your budget? [Up to €1500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [AutoCAD, some light Revit modelling, some gaming (COD, etc at 1080p would be fine)]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [24', 1080p is probably sufficient]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [N/A]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Yes: Keyboard, Mouse and Speakers ]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [in next 2 weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Not required]

Many thanks!

Comments

Advertisement