Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to obtain Garda Vetting abroad

• 30-10-2019 10:31am

Hello all,

I am currently living in London and would like to take up a part time teaching assistant job here. I do not have Garda vetting and the organisation require an "overseas police check". The information they gave me was very vague but it is essentially up to me to obtain my Garda vetting, not the organisation I will work for.
    I have looked on their website and it seems that in order to obtain garda vetting online (e-vetting) it must only be through your organization. You cannot apply as an individual. To make a paper application you also must get this application form through an organization and not as an individual either.
    I read somewhere online that you can send a letter addressed to the superintendent in your local garda station with a copy of your passport, and some basic information but this information is very vague aswell.

Does anyone know if this is possible or how does one go about obtaining garda vetting as an individual in another country.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Contact the Garda vetting unit for advice. Also you might only be there a short while but I’m guessing you’ll need an enhanced clearance done in the uk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭jrmb

I needed a police certificate for a different job in a different country, and the only option was to ask the local police to contact the Gardaí. I imagine it could be the same when it comes to vetting by organisations outside Ireland.

Advertisement