Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eatyard moving/closing - Any alternatives ?

Options
  • 30-10-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a similar set-up, or night market in Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Eatyard & the Big Blue Bus are moving to the old Porterhouse in Phibsborough

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Hey :) Yep I know this, and excited for it!

Just wondering if there is anything else similar happening in dublin - good to branch out. Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Awh apologies, I know there used to be something along the canal near Charlemont/Baggot St area on Friday lunchtime (my dad used to get his lunch there so not sure of the ins and outs).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's Irish Village Markets, around the city in various places but it's all daytime. There are no other evening equivalents yet and the proposed Wright one in the old church hasn't gone anywhere so far

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Thanks Folks - Well I'm excited for what they do with the old Fruitmarkets between Four Courts & Capel St anyway, hopefully it is something great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

L1011 wrote: »
    That's Irish Village Markets, around the city in various places but it's all daytime. There are no other evening equivalents yet and the proposed Wright one in the old church hasn't gone anywhere so far

Has construction work begun there yet? Thought they are due to open summer 2020?
    Thanks Folks - Well I'm excited for what they do with the old Fruitmarkets between Four Courts & Capel St anyway, hopefully it is something great!

It will be amazing when its done. Its a very large venue so space for around 50-60 food stalls. It will become a destination in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Blackrock market, though its more of a day time gig.

Outstanding indian food there in 3 leaves, no where i've been in Dublin touches it.
    Lebanese tapas - really nice healthy food.
    Ciamei cafe for pretty decent Italian food.
    El Cellar - tapas with a really good atmosphere.
    Liath - Michelin star - 7-9 corse taster jobbie. Well worth the price.
    Cake room - nom
    Hooked - fresh fish/scampi & chips
    Veggie vibe cafe - never again.
    Hand rolled ice cream -
    various other shops that sell bits an pieces.

Advertisement