Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Westminster General Election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

joeysoap wrote: »
    Did I see Arlene with an Irish passport at her polling station yesterday ? Therefore an EU passport.

Photoshop...passport was twice the size it actually is.

Farry neck and neck with Eaton in North Down. Alliance downbeat about Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Any idea how FST is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Did I see Arlene with an Irish passport at her polling station yesterday ? Therefore an EU passport.

I've no doubt she has an Irish passport, but she'd never be stupid enough to admit it or show it in public....

Any idea how FST is?

Nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Photoshop, and a poor one at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭tanko

Looking good for Alliance in North Down according to the BBC

Over 1000 2000 votes ahead for AP in North Down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

Nothing yet.

Im jumping about on the channels Francie - but i caught a snippet saying the Alliance may take a seat - is it North down?

Any word on Belfast South or North?

Sorry im just having trouble keeping up

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Over 1000 votes ahead for AP in North Down.

Over 2000 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

liamtech wrote: »
    Im jumping about on the channels Francie - but i caught a snippet saying the Alliance may take a seat - is it North down?

Alliance should take North Down,
    No real word on befast yet.

liamtech wrote: »

South Belfast for SDLP
    North Belfast too close to call yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good point here from Professor Jon Tonge:

https://twitter.com/JonTonge/status/1205247971383746561

For all the criticism of SF's absentionism policy, the subsequent years following the 2017 election have shown how insignificant NI is (and Scotland for that matter) compared to the wishes of England.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

North Down is a wonderful part of Northern Ireland and Ireland in general.

They're proud to be British as anyone but they're Liberal, inclusive and tolerant.

Very proud of the unionist electorate there.

North Down is the most protestant consituency in the whole of NI. Yet they're elect the least unionist candidate of all the unionist areas.

If a UI ever happened I would be very happy to have North Down as a part of a new Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,718 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

DUP braced for a kicking in at least three seats
    There is more trouble for the DUP on the horizon tonight as they appear more and more at risk of losing three seats, including that of deputy leader Nigel Dodds, James Rothwell in Belfast writes.

The party has effectively given up on South Belfast, where Emma Little-Pengelly is widely believed to lose her seat.

But in North Belfast the result is too close to call and there are rumours that the Alliance has performed very strongly in North Down, which was expected to sail into the DUP's arms after Lady Hermon stood down as an independent MP.

Dropping to only seven seats would add insult to injury, following the party's near-total loss of power over Boris Johnson, as indicated by the exit poll and strong early results for the Tories.

The DUP's Jeffrey Donaldson put on a brave face earlier as he insisted that the party would continue to play a big role in Westminster politics.

He said: "The DUP will be there, seeking to use our influence - this is my seventh parliament now, I have been in a situation before where the Government has a large majority, this doesn't mean the smaller parties are without influence."

BBC website saying North Down is going Alliance.by 2000 votes.

Mike Nesbitt calling out that the UUP need to make up their mind as to what they are. Big church Unionism is not the road to to be on anymore!

Essentially being a designated Unionist party in the Alliance mould. Will be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

If North Down is going to Alliance by that margin, then surely Belfast East is going the same way.

markodaly wrote: »
    If North Down is going to Alliance by that margin, then surely Belfast East is going the same way.

It won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

markodaly wrote: »

Its not sadly.
    https://twitter.com/Tracey_utv/status/1205287030504247298

East Belfast has a lot of middle class rich unionists, but it also has some working class ones, more so than North Down would have.

Alas she still has reduced his majority and the Alliance are building there once again. They'll take East Belfast again at some point I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

SDLP going strong S.Bel, it's neck n' neck at (5.0) South Down apparently.

Poots is insufferable

North Down looking like going to Farry now with around 3000 majority

Hearing from sources here in Titanic that Sinn Féin’s John Finucane could take North Belfast by just under 1,000 votes - all according to tallies obviously so big health warning but doing the rounds here in Belfast count #GE19

Colum Eastwood taking Foyle by about 4000 votes

Hearing from sources here in Titanic that Sinn Féin’s John Finucane could take North Belfast by just under 1,000 votes - all according to tallies obviously so big health warning but doing the rounds here in Belfast count #GE19

That would be amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pleased for Eastwood. He's had a good campaign and will do well.

Good noises for John Finucane but not getting my hopes up.

Pleased for Eastwood. He's had a good campaign and will do well.

Good noises for John Finucane but not getting my hopes up.

It's looking good. Carruthers just said it. And he's going at Poots now. It's great.

Couldn't careless about Finucane getting in, but am relishing the thought of deputy Dodds being put out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

DUP braced for a kicking in at least three seats
    There is more trouble for the DUP on the horizon tonight as they appear more and more at risk of losing three seats, including that of deputy leader Nigel Dodds, James Rothwell in Belfast writes.

The party has effectively given up on South Belfast, where Emma Little-Pengelly is widely believed to lose her seat.

But in North Belfast the result is too close to call and there are rumours that the Alliance has performed very strongly in North Down, which was expected to sail into the DUP's arms after Lady Hermon stood down as an independent MP.

Dropping to only seven seats would add insult to injury, following the party's near-total loss of power over Boris Johnson, as indicated by the exit poll and strong early results for the Tories.

The DUP's Jeffrey Donaldson put on a brave face earlier as he insisted that the party would continue to play a big role in Westminster politics.

He said: "The DUP will be there, seeking to use our influence - this is my seventh parliament now, I have been in a situation before where the Government has a large majority, this doesn't mean the smaller parties are without influence."

Wouldn’t u feel sorry for sammy , his agronance that even though they lost ! that Borris Johnson policy will suit them !
    Yet when they had the chance it was no no no

Advertisement