Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook email not sending on Eir mobile network

Options
  • 30-10-2019 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange issue.

Purchased a domain and email through godaddy.

Email is hello@mydomain.com used through office 365

Sign in to the outlook app in my mobile without issue but emails to Gmail/Yahoo etc will not send, I get an error "Your message wasn't delivered because the recipients email provider rejected it"

The thing is, if I enable a VPN on my mobile (to a VPN server I have at my house), the emails send without issue.

Emails also send without issue from a PC so I'm assuming it's some kind of Eir (my mobile provider issue)

Any advise apricated!

Edit: Just tested on another Eir mobile phone and having the same issue and also tested on a Vodafone mobile and the email sent successfully...… bizarre!

Definitely appears to be a routing issue with Eir but I've no idea how to resolve it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What are you using as your outgoing email server on the phone where it doesn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Thanks for the replay, the settings (both SMTP and POP) are automatically done by the outlook app and office 365, I can't see them or configure them.

Again, the application email work on the same device when using a VPN so I doubt it's an SMTP setting but I'm open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

davo2001 wrote: »
    Purchased a domain and email through godaddy.
    How long ago?
    Any attachments , links in body/signature

How long ago?
    Any attachments , links in body/signature

Only today, no links in body/signature.
    That link you sent, all good apart from DNS Realtime Blackhole List in which it timed out.

• Advertisement

Check your phones IP

VPN/other provider sending OK, as you suspect, "whisper" about blacklisted IP. Try reboot your phone(might get IP from different range) and see if you get it going.

Check your phones IP

VPN/other provider sending OK, as you suspect, "whisper" about blacklisted IP. Try reboot your phone(might get IP from different range) and see if you get it going.

Tested on another Eir mobile and same issue, so that rules out anything to do with the IP I suppose. :rolleyes:

I guess time to call eir...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

davo2001 wrote: »
    Tested on another Eir mobile and same issue, so that rules out anything to do with the IP I suppose. :rolleyes:

I think mobile companies do NAT at the carrier level, so the IP your phone gets is probably similar to being on a LAN, you would be sharing a public IP with multiple customers.

dam099 wrote: »
    I think mobile companies do NAT at the carrier level, so the IP your phone gets is probably similar to being on a LAN, you would be sharing a public IP with multiple customers.
    ... and when that public IP or range gets blacklisted...

ISP's, i believe, do their best to keep "clear" and do apply strict policies to outgoing as well as incoming mail, even if it some times cause issues to legit customers.
    Newly created domains might fall under "unstrusted" and/or restricted category, might need to build up "reputation"...
    It could be combination of IP+domain(new!), or just DNS, SPF records in particular - it could be 48-72H to propagate all that.

Not claiming this is the case, but Eir/GoDaddy support could shed bit of light on this part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Eircom.net > Hotmail.com ( and some others ) has been problematic for some time.

Banjaxed last week and up to Tuesday this week.

Eircom.net was inaccessible for a while on Tuesday. When it came back up issued had vanished. ( and still is at the time of this post )

As some have posted on Boards, best not rely on Eircom.net for email

Glad to report that the issue seems to have resolved itself.
    Putting it down to a new domain issue.

Advertisement