Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDPR Solution

Options
  • 30-10-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Due to new guidelines brought in under GDPR along with the vague understandings of it. I want to pose a question. I have a GDPR Solution that would suit customers and Business. GDPR Compliant and ensures that information belonging to a customer cannot be held by anyone other than the main controller for any longer than neccessary.
    So Simple enough 2 questions,

1. Would you use it?

2. Would you ensure that a company you deal with uses it?

I am not looking to get emails or any type of contacts from anyone. Just really interested in peoples opinions on GDPR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

If you're saying that you have a cast-iron method method of ensuring GDPR compliance, then I would imagine a lot of businesses would have bitten your hand off. Some still might. But most who are serious about compliance would have invested a lot of money a few years ago to develop/buy some form of compliance and probably wouldn't again. I'm also not sure it's as vague as you suggest.

There are probably quite a lot of smaller sole trader-type businesses which may not have. But I can't imagine buying such a system being within their price range.

I'm not sure why customers are relevant. You've no way of guaranteeing them anything (unless you're planning some sort of system where you're the one actually holding the data and giving the business access to it, but no business would go for that).

Sorry if I sound negative or skeptical, but it sounds like a dream answer to a complicated issue, a couple of years too late.

But if you did have something you honestly believe is a GDPR silver bullet, then your best bet would probably have been to talk to someone in Deloitte or similar who'd have fingers in lots of pies. And would possibly be best placed to try to push a better GDPR solution

Advertisement