Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH

Options
  • 30-10-2019 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey everyone

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem. I ave tried to have Eir FTTH installed at my home a number of times. Each time I check to see if I can get the service (with my eircode on the eir website) it says I can.

I have ordered the service 4/5 times now but each time the engineer comes to my house to do the install they say that there is no Fiber to the home in my area (which makes sense because when I check any other house in my area on the Eir website it shows they can't get it)

The engineers say that my eircode is pointing to the wrong distribution point and Eir will have to correct this. I rand so so so many times to try to explain this but the guys on the other end just don't seem to get it and I get the run around every time. Its really frustrating because I have no internet in my house now which is a bit unheard of these days.

Has anyone else had to deal with an issue like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

It's not eir retail, who you've been speaking with, that need to change the Eircode record, it is open eir, the wholesale company, who build the network. Unfortunately they don't deal with the public so my best advice to you would be to approach a smaller ISP. Explain the issue in detail to them and see whether they have a contact within open eir that could fix this. Airwire, Digiweb and Westnet are recommended here.

However be aware that if FTTH is not available and you are in a rural area that your landline (copper) broadband options could be poor to non-existent.

Advertisement