Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector not working on Win 10

Options
  • 30-10-2019 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a Nobo S28 DLP Projector that is working fine, powers up and I can cycle through the menu etc but its not worked since I got this laptop, Win 10 Lenovo ....... I think my laptop before this was a 64 bit as well so I'm thinking it not that ..... Is there anything I can do to get it working?

https://www.whathifi.com/nobo/s28/overview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Anyone have any ideas here?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

I didn;t see this first time around - the spec of the laptop should have no bearing on whether to projector will display a signal.

Will the projector show an image from a dvd player or other source ? test to see will it project an image at all.

I use a dedicated silent PC to run my own system, not a laptop - your laptop may need you to set it to display to a second screen (your projector) - click on desktop to select or use Control Panel to adjust Display Settings, (I'm asssumng Win 10)

If your projector worked with a previous laptop then its prob a settings issue - try the above, if you've covered all these bases already then Im out of suggestions, troubleshooting these issues on the blind is a needle in a haystack effort !

HTH

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Isn't that a very old projector?

Would a new laptop have the correct video out connection for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

I've been trying to tinker around with this again and I think I am close to the issue ....

I have an VGA Monitor connected to a docking station, works fine so not issue with monitor or VGA Cable .... And plugging directly into the VGA Port on the laptop it won't work. So its the VGA Port .....

I have tried to enable Low Resolution Video Mode (VGA) on Windows 10, update drivers, uninstall device in Display Adapters, and still nothing. I just need to find a way of confirming if the VGA Port is actually working

Advertisement