Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online loan submission requires further information not listed on the original submis

Options
  • 30-10-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

I submitted a request for a small loan to BOI via online procedure.  Four days later I have received an email from the bank requesting my  PPN number and to provide this number not simply as the number but  as an attached scan from an official document such as a payslip or P60.   Such a document will include much more information than the PPS number.

I find it strange that a request for a PPN is sought after the original submission and not included as a fill in box in the original submission.   Why must it be provided as a scan of a document that includes much more info such as my employment id number; sector within my industry where I am located  etc.  

Could you please confirm that this request by the bank for an uploaded scanned document with information extraneous to a PPN number is normal practice in matters of online loan submissions.

Thank you for reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

deaglan1 wrote: »
    I submitted a request for a small loan to BOI via online procedure.  Four days later I have received an email from the bank requesting my  PPN number and to provide this number not simply as the number but  as an attached scan from an official document such as a payslip or P60.   Such a document will include much more information than the PPS number.

I find it strange that a request for a PPN is sought after the original submission and not included as a fill in box in the original submission.   Why must it be provided as a scan of a document that includes much more info such as my employment id number; sector within my industry where I am located  etc.  

Could you please confirm that this request by the bank for an uploaded scanned document with information extraneous to a PPN number is normal practice in matters of online loan submissions.

Thank you for reading this.

Hi deaglan1

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

When you apply for a loan, we use your Personal Service Number to check the Central Credit Register. This check is recorded on the Register, as is the drawdown of the loan. ( if approved). Before you can complete your application we need you to provide us with an official document that shows your PPSN. We have a duty to ask for this under the Law of the Central Credit Register ( Credit Reporting Act 2013) implemented by the Central Bank of Ireland.

For more information on acceptable documents visit our help centre [font=Calibri","sans-serif]here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen
    [/font]

Advertisement