Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts on safari issue?!

Options
  • 30-10-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

For maybe the last week or 2 Anytime I load up boards on safari the advert that’s usually at the top of the page has moved down over where you look at thread lists. Has anybody any advice how to stop this please?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Drumpot, are you using the full site on a mobile/tablet sized screen by any chance? Another couple of users reported something similar happening on the homepage last week, it seems like the ad has moved to fit on the screen but blocks some content. If it's a smaller screen you'd be better off using touch.boards.ie.

If it's not what I have described up above, please send a screenshot. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hi Drumpot, are you using the full site on a mobile/tablet sized screen by any chance? Another couple of users reported something similar happening on the homepage last week, it seems like the ad has moved to fit on the screen but blocks some content. If it's a smaller screen you'd be better off using touch.boards.ie.

If it's not what I have described up above, please send a screenshot. Thanks.

Hi Niamh,

It’s actually on my iPhone and I use the full site (touch site isn’t my favourite!).

Seems to be like you said, the home screen where you want to look at subscribed threads. The advert spawns over your first few subscribed thread. One way to get rid of it is click on the x on add, respond to message “advert not for me” and refresh. You get a couple of goes on your home page before another comes back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement