Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build around RTX 2070 Super

Options
  • 30-10-2019 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

So I will start with the usual.

1. What is your budget? 2000 but no bother pushing it up

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming at either high FPS on a 240hz@1080p monitor and possibly high settings for upcoming titles on a 4k monitor

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I suppose it's time to upgrade to Windows 10

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Hard drives for extra storage

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1080@240hz

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes

8. How can you pay? All

9. When are you purchasing? Soon

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No need

So upgrade is long overdue as I'm still running on a i5 4690 and gtx 970 which can't really push my monitor. Looking at maybe getting 4k screen for new releases like cyberpunk.

Rtx 2070 super seem to be the best all rounder and I have to go Nvidia as my monitor is gsync.

Below is an idea I was playing with

Possible TOTAL : £1,257

Intel CORE I5-9600K 3.7 GHZ SKT1151 9MB CACHE BOXED - BX80684I59600K (Components > Processors CPU) LGA1151 Coffeelake £ $226

Gigabyte Z370P D3 (Socket 1151/Z370 Express/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX) £ $91

Gigabyte GPU NV RTX2070 Gaming OC 8GB FH £ $524

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black £ $69

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA 2.5" Internal SSD £ $114

EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Power Supply 210-GQ-0750-V3 £ $79

NZXT H700 - ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Tempered Glass Panel - Water-Cooling Ready - Black - 2018 Version £ $129

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooling System £ $25

By PC Builder http://bit.ly/2BF4Qi9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I think you should decide what resolution you're going to go with, first.

If you're gaming at 240Hz, and actually want to hit those frames, I'd jump up to a 9900K, over the i5.
    If you want to stick with the i5, swap to a 3600x, as it's better in every way.

If you want 4K, then you might as well stick with Ryzen, as they're better in everything outside of games, and any loss vs Intel goes away at 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Serephucus wrote: »
    I think you should decide what resolution you're going to go with, first.

If you're gaming at 240Hz, and actually want to hit those frames, I'd jump up to a 9900K, over the i5.
    If you want to stick with the i5, swap to a 3600x, as it's better in every way.

If you want 4K, then you might as well stick with Ryzen, as they're better in everything outside of games, and any loss vs Intel goes away at 4K.

Thanks for the input. I might go for a Ryzen 3700. Amd seem to have really stepped it up. I don't need to hit 240 I would just like to make the most out of the monitor I have.

Would AMD be much better over intel for be or is there little difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

There isnt huge difference in the cpus for the price difference amd is much better valueI moved to the 3700x last year and haven't looked back. Going to upgrade to the 3900x soon hopefully. They are amazing cpus. Would definitely upgrade to windows 10. Have you tried using the kinguin.net site you can get it at a good price there.

Also try cpu.userbenchmark to get a comparison between them to see for yourself.

I always check compatibility of my parts on the PCPartPicker site before purchasing them too

Mutant wrote: »
    There isnt huge difference in the cpus for the price difference amd is much better valueI moved to the 3700x last year and haven't looked back. Going to upgrade to the 3900x soon hopefully. They are amazing cpus. Would definitely upgrade to windows 10. Have you tried using the kinguin.net site you can get it at a good price there.

Also try cpu.userbenchmark to get a comparison between them to see for yourself.

I always check compatibility of my parts on the PCPartPicker site before purchasing them too

Amd really seems to be a winner at the moment for CPU's. I got a Windows 10 key for my partner's machine about 3 years ago and it turned out to be a dud so I don't think il try that again.

I will have a look at CPU benchmark and check to see the difference's.

Amd really seems to be a winner at the moment for CPU's. I got a Windows 10 key for my partner's machine about 3 years ago and it turned out to be a dud so I don't think il try that again.

I will have a look at CPU benchmark and check to see the difference's.

Gigabyte Aorus X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI (Socket AM4/X470/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
    This is a really good mobo that supports ryzens am4 aswell bit expensive but worth it in my opinion

• Advertisement

So looking at something like this at the moment might mull it over and do some more research over the next few days.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/m87V6R

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€378.95 @ Komplett)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€148.95 @ Komplett)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (€229.95 @ Custompc)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€85.75 @ Custompc)
    Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€188.95 @ Komplett)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card
    Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case (€89.85 @ Komplett)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€84.90 @ Komplett)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€121.26 @ Custompc)
    Total: €1328.56
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-02 21:57 GMT+0000

So looking at something like this at the moment might mull it over and do some more research over the next few days.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/m87V6R

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€378.95 @ Komplett)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€148.95 @ Komplett)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (€229.95 @ Custompc)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€85.75 @ Custompc)
    Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€188.95 @ Komplett)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card
    Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case (€89.85 @ Komplett)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (€84.90 @ Komplett)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€121.26 @ Custompc)
    Total: €1328.56
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-02 21:57 GMT+0000

Looks good and for a good price too i think psu you had in first build was a better for the same price roughly. 80+ gold runs on average 5% more efficient across different loads than it 80+ bronze counterpart. But still looks great and will provide many hours of gaming happiness

When im changing my cpu i always buy the better thermal paste thsn stock one you get with cpu, only costs 5 euro roughly but worth it. If you dont have any spare standoffs always worth buying a cuple for cuple of euro as nothing worse than runing out. Very rare to not get enough provided but still good to have cuple spare.

Best of luck with the build, its very similar to mine so it will run great for you.

Mutant wrote: »
    Looks good and for a good price too i think psu you had in first build was a better for the same price roughly. 80+ gold runs on average 5% more efficient across different loads than it 80+ bronze counterpart. But still looks great and will provide many hours of gaming happiness

When im changing my cpu i always buy the better thermal paste thsn stock one you get with cpu, only costs 5 euro roughly but worth it. If you dont have any spare standoffs always worth buying a cuple for cuple of euro as nothing worse than runing out. Very rare to not get enough provided but still good to have cuple spare.

Best of luck with the build, its very similar to mine so it will run great for you.

Perfect IL swap the PSU. Thanks for the help IL update when I have everything and start building!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't buy from Custom PC

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Don't buy from Custom PC

Don't worry I won't everything is gonna come from Amazon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement