Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another BOI weekend screw-up

Options
  • 30-10-2019 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I see I've been hit with a load of referral charges because I failed to tot up my balance at the weekend with a pen and paper

Is there a way to claim these back

I don't know why I should pay for BOI antiquated systems, I know they have the standard excuse of blaming the retailers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I had a problem with no purchases for Friday on balance all weekend, was also blame on retailers, was in some of the same  retails on Saturday and purchased  which showed on balance Saturday evening, still no purchases for Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Vote with your feet. Go to a better bank. It’s the only way. Ireland have a bad track record of moving banks even though they treat us like crap.
    Bank surf to get the best deal you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.

Normally when customers use their Debit Cards, transactions should reflect on their account and their available funds should adjust immediately. We're aware that some customers experienced a delay with transactions posting to accounts on Friday. These transactions have since completed and posted to customer accounts.

We are working on improvements to this, however if you would like to discuss any charges applied on your account as a result we would recommend that you raise a formal complaint by logging your dissatisfaction here.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks Jen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

I'll do that

Why don't BOI just refund affected customers

That's what they should be doing

ok so ive checked my records and i made a number of payments on thursday the 24th and these didn't show up until the 29th

thats not good enough so ill be expecting a refund

i'm sending the complaint now and wil report back on progress

• Advertisement

The complaints department can do nothing 

They told me i'll have to go to a branch to get a refund

They will log a complaint online on my behalf but the complaint goes nowhere anyway, there's no feedback from a complaint?

Twister2 wrote: »
    The complaints department can do nothing 

They told me i'll have to go to a branch to get a refund

They will log a complaint online on my behalf but the complaint goes nowhere anyway, there's no feedback from a complaint?

H Twister2,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience when contacting our complaints department. Can we ask that you send us a Private message with a bit more information such as your full name as it appears on the account, your contact details and the branch your account was opened in and we would be happy to help as best we can.

Thanks Jen

Hi

Private Messages not being accepted?

Hi

Private Messages not being accepted?

Hi Twister2,

Thanks for getting back to us here. You can send us a Private Message through our Talk to Forum.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Whers thst

I tried to send on to you but cant

• Advertisement

Whers thst

I tried to send on to you but cant

We have sent you a Private message in relation to this.

Thanks Jen

ok got a result from the branch

refund on monday

did this come throu the online query or soly from the branch complaint?

Advertisement