Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get photos off old iPhone

Options
  • 30-10-2019 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have an old iPhone 4 which I've had in a drawer for the last year or 2. I have lots of photos on it which I would like printed or saved. I went to turn it on last night and the battery appears to be faulty. I tried 2 chargers in it and both turned it on but it switched back off and on and off again and won't stay on. It also didn't allow me to type my pin code. It just showed emergency call. Is there any way for me to gain access or get the photos off the phone?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I have an old iPhone 4 which I've had in a drawer for the last year or 2. I have lots of photos on it which I would like printed or saved. I went to turn it on last night and the battery appears to be faulty. I tried 2 chargers in it and both turned it on but it switched back off and on and off again and won't stay on. It also didn't allow me to type my pin code. It just showed emergency call. Is there any way for me to gain access or get the photos off the phone?? Thanks

Are they definitely the correct chargers? Did you leave it charging for a while and then try power on?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Are they definitely the correct chargers? Did you leave it charging for a while and then try power on?

Thanks nigzcurran. Yeah I did. I left it plugged in but it just keeps beeping on and off. Won't actually start up. Could I bring it to a shop to replace the battery maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

You might have to get the battery in it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

skimpydoo wrote: »
    You might have to get the battery in it changed.

Thanks that's what I thought. It'll cost me a lot I'm sure but the photos are important... annoying. Also I don't remember the pin code. Is there any way to get into it without the pin code?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You can avoid all this in future by enabling iCloud on your devices. Then they just transfer to a new iOS device or you can access them via iCloud website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Copy my data app might be useful?

Advertisement