Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instagram account ownership ?

• 31-10-2019 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    Posting in the name of my friend.
    Long story short.
    She was working for some company in entertainment industry. They absolutely had no idea about marketing or how to advertise stuff. So she created an instagram account for that company. Now she's leaving and not on really good terms. One of her friends said that if she has created that account it means that she owns it and she can do whatever she wants (change the pass and name). I'm just looking to clarified it so she knows if it's true or not.
    Thanks for all replies.
    If that's wrong topic please move it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If she was working for the company they own the account and content created. Friend should just hand over the account, the business owner should change the password and recovery information so friend can't be blamed should anything happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

xeos7712 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Posting in the name of my friend.
    Long story short.
    She was working for some company in entertainment industry. They absolutely had no idea about marketing or how to advertise stuff. So she created an instagram account for that company. Now she's leaving and not on really good terms. One of her friends said that if she has created that account it means that she owns it and she can do whatever she wants (change the pass and name). I'm just looking to clarified it so she knows if it's true or not.
    Thanks for all replies.
    If that's wrong topic please move it.
    Cheers.

If she did it on work time as part of her employment then the company will 'own' it.

Tell her to make sure any of her own info is unlinked from the account before transferring the account if needs be (if it was set up under her own individual email address).

Nothing to be gained from holding onto the account of a company that she won't be working for soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xeos7712

Thank You for all the replies.

Advertisement