If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro system to play our music library on a hard drive?

Options
  • 31-10-2019 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Am thinking of replacing the old TEAC micro system (radio & CD player) with something that can receive radio (FM & ideally MW/LW) and play our home music library (CDs ripped & sitting on a network drive in the house). Worst case, I'll use iTunes & plug in an iPad to control it... but if you have anything integrated, great. 

Have Monitor Audio Bronze 2s so no need for speakers. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Reesy wrote: »
    Hi, 

Am thinking of replacing the old TEAC micro system (radio & CD player) with something that can receive radio (FM & ideally MW/LW) and play our home music library (CDs ripped & sitting on a network drive in the house). Worst case, I'll use iTunes & plug in an iPad to control it... but if you have anything integrated, great. 

Hi Reesy.

Thanks for the post.

I'm not 100% sure what it is that you require....

Do you already have your music ripped onto a hard drive at your home or are you looking for a system that would have a hard drive built in?
    It is built in then unfortunately I would not have anything that would suit.

MW and LW could also be an issue as I didn't think there where any broad casts on these frequencies.

If you have your own HDD you could look at the Marantz MCR612 which is a very well spec'd unit. Has networking/Bluetooth/AirPlay 2/FM tuner/Heos and lots more built in..... (No MW or LW)
    Currently retails at £589.00 - I could do a deal on this at £550 delivered.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Hi, 

Hi Reesy.

Thanks for the post.

Do you already have your music ripped onto a hard drive at your home or are you looking for a system that would have a hard drive built in?

MW and LW could also be an issue as I didn't think there where any broad casts on these frequencies.

If you have your own HDD you could look at the Marantz MCR612 which is a very well spec'd unit. Has networking/Bluetooth/AirPlay 2/FM tuner/Heos and lots more built in..... (No MW or LW)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13704-marantz-mcr612-melody-x-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

Hi Kenny, 

Sorry - let me clarify:

- yes, all the music is ripped & ready to play. Am experimenting with Plex. 
    - There are still a few stations broadcasting on MW & LW.

That Marantz boy looks nice, thanks - but not quite what I want. Thanks anyway. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, 

Hi Reesy.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny, 

Sorry - let me clarify:

- yes, all the music is ripped & ready to play. Am experimenting with Plex. 
    - There are still a few stations broadcasting on MW & LW.

That Marantz boy looks nice, thanks - but not quite what I want. Thanks anyway. 
    Hi Reesy.

Have you seen any examples of the type of product you are looking for?

If so pop up a link to it and I can see if we have anything that is similar.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.