Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Bailey is featuring very highly on the 2019 review-of-the-year slots in both radio and print.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/donal-lynch-from-prince-andrew-to-maria-bailey-comeback-year-for-the-car-crash-interview-38819074.html
    Donal Lynch: 'From Prince Andrew to Maria Bailey... Comeback year for the car crash interview'

From Prince Andrew to Maria Bailey, interview implosions were a recurring theme this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

New year. And time to move on I say. People are sick to death of that story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

And still the swing queen is a valued member of the fg parliamentary party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

No Paddy, no. That's not the way it's going to work unfortunately.

Businesses are going into the New Year fearful about going to the wall due to insane insurance premiums. To see people in the Govt party fuel this must be absolutely sickening. To see ambulance chasers sitting as ministers must be absolutely sickening.

No matter what you try to do or deflect, it won't be forgotten on the doorsteps. Keep beating that drum because you are only adding fuel.

It's been a rough end to the decade for FG HQ. Can't see the pressure easing off.

But enjoy tonight anyway. Happy NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

New year. Election coming. Still a live issue for me, I'm afraid.

I contacted my local TD (FG) for his view at the time and recieved no reply. Far from being sick of it I very much look forward to our conversation on the doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Didn't you say similar to this last May?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

So FG can change the licencing laws,,,basically abolishing them as they are not in line with the rest of the world...but cannot do the same thing with the insurance law's,,, and bring them in to line with the rest of the world?? Show's just where FG priorities are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Happy 2020 to You too Pat..AND ALL subscribers.

BUT, sorry Pat, I for one am NOT 'sick to death' of the story. And remember there are more than MB....Farrell, Madigan, and ultimately LV will get their cummupance in 2020. Hopefully FG AND FF also!!!

PCeeeee wrote: »
    New year. Election coming. Still a live issue for me, I'm afraid.

I contacted my local TD (FG) for his view at the time and recieved no reply. Far from being sick of it I very much look forward to our conversation on the doorstep.

Somehow I doubt our local td (?) won't show his face on our doorsteps. Ours is only seen wherever there are cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Maria Bailey controversy about to enter it's second decade. :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,555 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TBH the more people try and encourage others to drop a discussion, the more it will encourage those others to post more about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Somehow I doubt our local td (?) won't show his face on our doorsteps. Ours is only seen wherever there are cameras.

Yeah I've never met the man in question neither but I'm hoping that someone from FG turns up so I can tell them that I'm reluctant to give them my number 1 as last time I contacted FG I was ignored.

Small beans indeed but every little helps I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Oliver Callan had a pop at her today:D

At about 0:20:30

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11136375

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Beasty wrote: »
    TBH the more people try and encourage others to drop a discussion, the more it will encourage those others to post more about it....

While reading this thread ( and I have been and will continue to follow / comment on it) It has just occurred to me, that everytime it seem's to be dying down a bit ..along comes the bauld Paddy Losty....and like fresh fuel to the fire,,up it blazes again...just wondering like......reverse psychology in action???? :rolleye ::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Anyway's, I wish each and everyone a Happy New Year !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

That's gas!

The Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean part was spot on. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

That's quite funny, has a good and justified pop at our useless cabinet ministers.

Mod Edit: Not the place for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Bailey story will never go away. She is a solid example of the ignorance and arrogance of Fine Gael and anytime insurance or fraud is mentioned, her story will get a mention, rightly or wrongly and Leo has only himself to blame. Maybe if he'd have gotten up earlier....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://extra.ie/2020/01/02/entertainment/entertainment-news/biggest-memes-of-2019
    Maria Bailey is featured on the 15 biggest memes of 2019

Hi Pat

As far as I am concerned, Bailey, Farrell, Madigan, and of course Leo will not be forgotten on the Irish people. I have a friend who owns a number of crechés. They are struggling to get insurance, and yet Bailey and Farrell are in Kildare Street?

There is absolutely NO justice in this kip of a country & You ( Pat ) can tell your chairperson ( Hayden) that he'll be getting an earful when he comes knocking on the doors here.

• Advertisement

Hi Pat

As far as I am concerned, Bailey, Farrell, Madigan, and of course Leo will not be forgotten on the Irish people. I have a friend who owns a number of crechés. They are struggling to get insurance, and yet Bailey and Farrell are in Kildare Street?

There is absolutely NO justice in this kip of a country & You ( Pat ) can tell your chairperson ( Hayden) that he'll be getting an earful when he comes knocking on the doors here.

The mods edited my response but I outlined all of the great things that FG have done for this country in the past 2.5 years. Anyway - the jist is they've done plenty and only the wilfully ignorant would say that this country is a 'kip'.

I've no doubt you won't be voting FG but I don't think you ever did in the past so it won't be missed I suspect.

Margins are quite tight at the moment but I reckon FG will clinch the top spot again. Bit of support from greens, independents and labour and we should be home and dry. The whole sorry saga is unlikely to feature heavily in the election in spring. She's been dealt with and the case is closed.

The mods edited my response but I outlined all of the great things that FG have done for this country in the past 2.5 years. Anyway - the jist is they've done plenty and only the wilfully ignorant would say that this country is a 'kip'.

I've no doubt you won't be voting FG but I don't think you ever did in the past so it won't be missed I suspect.

Margins are quite tight at the moment but I reckon FG will clinch the top spot again. Bit of support from greens, independents and labour and we should be home and dry. The whole sorry saga is unlikely to feature heavily in the election in spring. She's been dealt with and the case is closed.

So, You call me 'wilfully ignorant', Pat? Your entitled to your opinion, exactly as I am. Yes for me this country has been turned into one hell of a kip, and I must say it's NOT all FG's fault, FF have a hell of a lot to answer for - eg, who ever heard of a minister for finance not having a personal bank account? lol, But that's history.

To the present, I am sorry Pat, but only today in the Journal:

https://www.thejournal.ie/hospital-trolley-overcrowding-2019-4951069-Jan2020/

While at the same time this:

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-recruitment-freeze-inmo-4951490-Jan2020/

Overcrowding at the same time as recruitment freeze? And YES, that is the case as my OH works in a Hospital, and some of the stories I hear are a shame on the HSA & ultimately Harris.

That's only one aspect of the shambles which this country is in.

There is also the homelessness, while at the same time we are taking in refugees, putting a further strain on the already overloaded, and overbudgeted health system.

And I am 'Wilfully Ignorant'?

Edit: I notice You (afaik) have never said yay or nay about farrell, and yet you think the case against MB is closed? And now you are looking to the greens? Gosh, desperation brings out the irrational in fg supporters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This is the problem with FG which is exemplified by the actions of Maria Bailey.
    It's not supposed to be about sides. Once you are in government you work for everyone across party lines.
    She was grudgingly kind of dealt with over a long drawn out period. Not quite the same thing, certainly not closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

The children's hospital
    Broadband contract
    Irish water
    Hospital overcrowding
    Homeless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Insurance is likely to be one of the top issues in the next election.
    Thinking FG will win the election with the help of two other parties and some independents doesn’t sound like someone expecting much from their party.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

salmocab wrote: »
    Insurance is likely to be one of the top issues in the next election.
    Thinking FG will win the election with the help of two other parties and some independents doesn’t sound like someone expecting much from their party.

Bit Bart Simpson alright.

41i2N45U0WL._AC_SY400_ML1_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So, You call me 'wilfully ignorant', Pat? Your entitled to your opinion, exactly as I am. Yes for me this country has been turned into one hell of a kip, and I must say it's NOT all FG's fault, FF have a hell of a lot to answer for - eg, who ever heard of a minister for finance not having a personal bank account? lol, But that's history.

To the present, I am sorry Pat, but only today in the Journal:

https://www.thejournal.ie/hospital-trolley-overcrowding-2019-4951069-Jan2020/

While at the same time this:

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-recruitment-freeze-inmo-4951490-Jan2020/

Overcrowding at the same time as recruitment freeze? And YES, that is the case as my OH works in a Hospital, and some of the stories I hear are a shame on the HSA & ultimately Harris.

That's only one aspect of the shambles which this country is in.

There is also the homelessness, while at the same time we are taking in refugees, putting a further strain on the already overloaded, and overbudgeted health system.

And I am 'Wilfully Ignorant'?

Edit: I notice You (afaik) have never said yay or nay about farrell, and yet you think the case against MB is closed? And now you are looking to the greens? Gosh, desperation brings out the irrational in fg supporters!
    caff wrote: »
    The children's hospital
    Broadband contract
    Irish water
    Hospital overcrowding
    Homeless

A kip? Really, try living in a real kip.

https://www.businesspost.ie/columnists/our-pursuit-of-happiness-shows-there-are-two-sides-to-every-story-2e6e0823

This story is behind a paywall, but I read it in the SBP at the weekend. An excellent article explaining how media, and particularly social media exaggerate the prevalence of bad news and how bad things are, when the reality is somewhat different. This is definitely an issue on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

blanch152 wrote: »

https://www.businesspost.ie/columnists/our-pursuit-of-happiness-shows-there-are-two-sides-to-every-story-2e6e0823

This story is behind a paywall, but I read it in the SBP at the weekend. An excellent article explaining how media, and particularly social media exaggerate the prevalence of bad news and how bad things are, when the reality is somewhat different. This is definitely an issue on here.

Is it an exaggeration I was waiting 3 and a half years for a 45 minute operation?

Is it an exaggeration my insurance has gone up every year for the last 5 years even though I'm driving the same car with 18 years continuous no claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

blanch152 wrote: »

What Leo needs is a strategic communications unit to help us form an opinion on any news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

https://www.facebook.com/irishtv/videos/great-pintman-paddy-losty/10157614338568452/

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement