Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

The very reason why she only decided today that she would be pissing against the wind standing again is because the public has not let it go. Give up with the 'ghouls' on here sh*te. It's clearly quite a substantial portion of the electorate if you think 'her people' had not done some research into this, most likely at great expense, you are as thick as she is.

As for the bold text above, you are on this site non-stop talking absolute muck (with a small cohort of tossers with their tongue up your ring, emmetspice will be here shortly) and you call the rest losers and a dying message board?

Well said H. ONLY flashing Johnny has brought up the sex theme.

Remember, he/she is 1 of the 3 amigos. They got the other thread shut down, I am of the opinion he/she is trying to get this one shut down too. Do what I have done, put JM on ignore, the only reason I am aware what he/she has said is when his/her comments are copied & pasted.

As for the name calling? Only a coward resorts to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Should we expect to see this posted on the FG twitter account sometime soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

I feel very bad for Maria - she was a passionate politician who worked very hard in her area, and for a long time. Unlike others, she earned her stripes. She was a very effective representative and committee chair.

I think it is rather sad that people react the way they do. It is pleasure in others misfortune. yes, she made a very, stupid mistake, and yes she handled it badly.

But I believe she is a good person and is a major loss to the system. It just shows you what a callous and malignant organisation Fine Gael is. This has been evidenced in how they treated the late Peter Mathews. They also deselected candidates that didn't look good on posters.

I hope the electorate given FG a good wallop in the election. back to the opposition benches for at least a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Well said H. ONLY flashing Johnny has brought up the sex theme.

Remember, he/she is 1 of the 3 amigos. They got the other thread shut down, I am of the opinion he/she is trying to get this one shut down too. Do what I have done, put JM on ignore, the only reason I am aware what he/she has said is when his/her comments are copied & pasted.

As for the name calling? Only a coward resorts to that.

I don't care if this threads shut down or not tbh, Baileys gone now, and as the failure to get rid of her (and Madigan) after the car crash interview, and the revelations that they demanded 20k from the hotel became public knowledge - that became a FG hierarchy owned problem.

There's a few of Leo/FG failures threads on the go, I wouldn't think Maria/Josephas shenanigans would be off topic in them either all things considered.

Besides, if the bookies are a good indication (and they normally are), the blueshirts are off to spend a few years on the opposition benches.

I don't know how much Maria Bailey's controversial insurance claim will contribute to their downfall, but the lads insisting it was a storm in a teacup obviously don't know the difference in a bulls arse and a banjo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The woman did wrong and paid the price. There’s a small cohort of ghouls here though that could never let it go though. I genuinely don’t believe they’d have done the same to a man. A bunch of misogynistic losers. The sort who we’ll never do anything only crimp and moan on a dying message board.

Your not big on self awareness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Delighted she's gone. Wouldn'y mind seeing her followers here follow suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I feel very bad for Maria - she was a passionate politician who worked very hard in her area, and for a long time. Unlike others, she earned her stripes. She was a very effective representative and committee chair.

I think it is rather sad that people react the way they do. It is pleasure in others misfortune. yes, she made a very, stupid mistake, and yes she handled it badly.

But I believe she is a good person and is a major loss to the system. It just shows you what a callous and malignant organisation Fine Gael is. This has been evidenced in how they treated the late Peter Mathews. They also deselected candidates that didn't look good on posters.

I hope the electorate given FG a good wallop in the election. back to the opposition benches for at least a decade.

Maria Bailey sent a letter to the Dean suggesting a settlement of 20k for her own stupidity? It would be bad enough if she were a pj wearing chancer, but she wasn't . She was an elected TD on 96 k a year plus expenses and part of a government which claimed they wanted to deal with high insurance permia and insurance fraudsters.

Maria Bailey sent a letter to the Dean suggesting a settlement of 20k for her own stupidity? It would be bad enough if she were a pj wearing chancer, but she wasn't . She was an elected TD on 96 k a year plus expenses and part of a government which claimed they wanted to deal with high insurance permia and insurance fraudsters.

i'm not denying she did wrong

I just think that people on here are taking too much pleasure in her misfortune

she is a person with a family...she has suffered....why be nasty towards her

Not sure why her having a family is relevant just like it wasn’t relevant when she was claiming people didn’t like that she was a successful woman. She did wrong got caught then played the victim card. Absolutely all of this is on her own shoulders and if her family has suffered in any way they need not look far for the source of their suffering. Hopefully as other things about politicians come out in the future they will either have learned a lesson or else get hounded by the press and even the disgruntled members of different social media sites.

salmocab wrote: »
    Not sure why her having a family is relevant just like it wasn’t relevant when she was claiming people didn’t like that she was a successful woman. She did wrong got caught then played the victim card. Absolutely all of this is on her own shoulders and if her family has suffered in any way they need not look far for the source of their suffering. Hopefully as other things about politicians come out in the future they will either have learned a lesson or else get hounded by the press and even the disgruntled members of different social media sites.

It is absolutely none of yours, mine, or anybody's business

She was a good politician - she should not be hung our to dry for a minor and PERSONAL indiscretion. In fact, it is none of our business because it was a PERSONAL AND PRIVATE matter

Okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Your not big on self awareness?

*you’re

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

She's getting everything she deserves, she tried to defraud a business out of thousands of euro in a bogus personal injury claim, she hasn't suffered nearly as much as people who are being crippled with high insurance premiums because of chancers and gougers like her.

if she was Chantelle from Finglas she'd be getting annihilated by the very same people defending her here.

jay1988 wrote: »
    She's getting everything she deserves, she tried to defraud a business out of thousands of euro in a bogus personal injury claim, she hasn't suffered nearly as much as people who are being crippled with high insurance premiums because of chancers and gougers like her.

if she was chantelle from Finglas she'd be getting annihilated by the very same people defending her here.

It wasn't bogus, she did fall off the swing

It is irresponsible of a business to have swings where people are drinking. And frankly silly.

there is vicarious responsibility

okay?

I just think that people on here are taking too much pleasure in her misfortune.

Maria said in her now infamous interview that **she accepted she was a public representative and figure, and as such should be held to a higher standard**, she was also a member of a govt party who ran a high profile campaign about how cheats cheated us all.

Spot the irony.

She was a good politician - she should not be hung our to dry for a minor and PERSONAL indiscretion. In fact, it is none of our business because it was a PERSONAL AND PRIVATE matter

Okay?

On the contrary.

See above **

Okay?

Okay Maria.

Okay?

No not okay

She absolutely should be hung out to dry, she tried to defraud an insurance company, got caught and instead of doing anything honourable she claimed she was the victim. She is a public representative and should have carried herself as such. Not sure why your shouting there but I expect the people elected to run the country to carry themselves a bit better than she did.

It wasn't bogus, she did fall off the swing

It is irresponsible of a business to have swings where people are drinking. And frankly silly.

there is vicarious responsibility

okay?

No one disputes she fell off the swing.

It's how badly injured she was (or wasn't as the case may be) and who she held responsible for falling off it.

Keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,371 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Okay?
    Do you see what is happening all over the country. Businesses are on their knees due to insurance costs.
    She should absolutely be hung out to dry and continue to be for the next 20 years. Outrageous that she could see fit to attempt such an act in her position.

No not okay

She absolutely should be hung out to dry, she tried to defraud an insurance company, got caught and instead of doing anything honourable she claimed she was the victim. She is a public representative and should have carried herself as such. Not sure why your shouting there but I expect the people elected to run the country to carry themselves a bit better than she did.

My point is that it is absolutely none of our business. That claim was taken in a private capacity, not in public capacity.

It is therefore not relevant, and I believe she has been treated badly

McMurphy wrote: »
    No one disputes she fell off the swing.

It's how badly injured she was (or wasn't as the case may be) and who she held responsible for falling off it.

Keep up.

I believe the hotel is partly responsible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How do you think the hotel should deal with an adult making a tit of themselves on a swing? While holding a glass of wine and reaching for a bottle.
    A supervisor at it full time?

Please explain how you've come to this conclusion,i'd love to hear how you think a hotel could be partly responsible for a grown adult falling off a swing while not holding on properly, this should be good :pac:

My point is that it is absolutely none of our business. That claim was taken in a private capacity, not in public capacity.

You believe whatever you like, you are still wrong.
    And I was told ‘this will not be public until you are before the courts

and I was perfectly fine with that.

*you’re

I see where we are in the debate now.

jay1988 wrote: »
    Please explain how you've come to this conclusion,i'd love to hear how you think a hotel could be partly responsible for a grown adult falling off a swing while not holding on properly, this should be good :pac:

Of course, it is responsible

This swing was inside a licensed premises. If I were a business owner, I would be thinking - not good idea, what if someone falls off the swing after drinking.

There should have been a sign up, but why have a swing at all? It is a danger

I really do feel bad for Maria - she shouldn't have claimed, but she did so as private matter. We are not entitled to know such details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

So did Maria but she was wrong. When she dropped her case that was clear

This swing was inside a licensed premises. If I were a business owner, I would be thinking - not good idea, what if someone falls off the swing after drinking.

I really do feel bad for Maria - she shouldn't have claimed, but she did so as private matter. We are not entitled to know such details.

She chose to go public when she lodged a claim, what part of that do you not understand?

McMurphy wrote: »
    She chose to go public when she lodged a claim, what part of that do you not understand?

But it is a private matter.

Why should private matters influence the execution of her duties as a TD?

Please explain how filing the claim conflicted with her duties, so as to render her less able to perform them

It is absolutely our business how our public representatives carry themselves, their private lives are absolutely their private lives but when they stoop to attempting to defraud a business then they open themselves up to the sort of things she did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

When she attempted fraud it was clearly a public matter, we are entitled to know the details

Advertisement