Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Must also bother her as she deems it necessary to use the picture she does.

It’s a form of fraud , but sure there used of that !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

smurgen wrote: »

I know this is a long way ‘down the road’, but to think there are people who come on here to justify MB & AF’s actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nothing, so why do you think she used an old/ possibly air brushed photo?

they all do. There is nothing unusual in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

they all do. There is nothing unusual in it.
    Leo taking a leaf out of her book and took off the same amount of years for his new campaign posters.

F53wiYQ.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wonder if the Maria Bailey incident was the straw that broke the camel's back?
    Was it the catalyst for the Irish people to demand change?
    Understanding that there were many underlying issues that drove the 'swing' to Sinn Fein in this election, but the behaviour of the big two parties towards the Irish people was evident in the Maria Bailey case (and subsequent mishandling of the issue by Leo) and the likes of Lisa Chambers lying to us on national television about making a mistake in the voting fiasco.

I think the big two parties took us all for granted and took us for fools.
    Payback by the electorate was inevitable.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Understanding that there were many underlying issues that drove the 'swing' to Sinn Fein in this election, but the behaviour of the big two parties towards the Irish people was evident in the Maria Bailey case (and subsequent mishandling of the issue by Leo) and the likes of Lisa Chambers lying to us on national television about making a mistake in the voting fiasco.

Seems not all is lost for FG. Didn't AF get re-elected?

I agree though, the big 2 did take us for fools. But now, it's up to SF to put 'their money where their mouths are'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I wouldn't put the election result down to the antics of Maria Bailey. Yes she is an idiot and yes Leo handled it badly. The election result is the electorate giving FF and FG a massive kick in the balls. SF are untested in Government in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

holyhead wrote: »
    I wouldn't put the election result down to the antics of Maria Bailey. Yes she is an idiot and yes Leo handled it badly. The election result is the electorate giving FF and FG a massive kick in the balls. SF are untested in Government in Ireland.

She essentially caused the election to be triggered in January. Leo wanted May. Maria was rumoured to be withholding her vote on the Feb 5th no confidence vote in Simon Harris. End of January is never a good time to go to the polls. People are broke, depressed and fed up of winter. The flu season also has the hospital in a mess. FG were not ready. It was also too close to the Black & Tans disaster. We'll never know if May would have been much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Kivaro wrote: »

That and putting Alan Farrell up for election did it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Certainly think this particular shambles really did it for business owners.

And how did Alan Farrell get elected. Odious man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sad to see that Sean o'Rourke is set to retire in May. He gave us the one of finest pieces of Irish radio with the Maria Bailey interview, it will live long in the memory.

RTE have huge boots to fill when Sean departs, they dont have many journalists of his caliber.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sad to see that Sean o'Rourke is set to retire in May. He gave us the one of finest pieces of Irish radio with the Maria Bailey interview, it will live long in the memory.

RTE have huge boots to fill when Sean departs, they dont have many journalists of his caliber.

Sean
    Sean
    Sean
    Sean

I'm the victim here :):)

Madigan next for the chopper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I miss the carefree days of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think Maria 'claim!' Bailey may have been preferable to her replacement, the former FG housing adviser married to the recently stepped down boss man of the Goldman-Sachs vulture fund.

She essentially caused the election to be triggered in January. Leo wanted May. Maria was rumoured to be withholding her vote on the Feb 5th no confidence vote in Simon Harris. End of January is never a good time to go to the polls. People are broke, depressed and fed up of winter. The flu season also has the hospital in a mess. FG were not ready. It was also too close to the Black & Tans disaster. We'll never know if May would have been much different.

Hindsight is a great thing, but I think we are all ( including FFG ) glad it wasn't held over til May with the bloody mess ongoing.

Personally though, I am really pi**ed off with the shenanigans of MM and LV - if they come into power. Greens had any cop on, they wouldn't touch this coalition with the proverbial 40ft barge pole.

My one wish is that they don't give the slot to Miriam O'Callaghan.

Bowie wrote: »
    I think Maria 'claim!' Bailey may have been preferable to her replacement, the former FG housing adviser married to the recently stepped down boss man of the Goldman-Sachs vulture fund.

Mind me asking Bowie, who are You referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Miriam would be a poor replacement for Sean o'Rourke. Though I think if she were to take that slot (which is 5 days per week) it would mean she would have to give up Prime Time. I cant see her doing that, she wants to be on tv more than radio.

Election is more that 2 months ago, yet Bailey is still making news even though she is political history lol

Must be some sort of record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Mind me asking Bowie, who are You referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Carroll_MacNeill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Yeah Miriam would be a poor replacement for Sean o'Rourke. Though I think if she were to take that slot (which is 5 days per week) it would mean she would have to give up Prime Time. I cant see her doing that, she wants to be on tv more than radio.
    Genuinely?

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up General Zhukov. For me who she is married to is her business, what would worry me more is the fact she was

She subsequently took a break from politics, not returning until October 2017 when she came to the aid of Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government Eoghan Murphy, where she advised him on the National Planning Framework and the creation of the Land Development Agency. She worked with Murphy's office until January 2019 when she left to work for a Public Relations firm.

[end quote].

Look at the shambles Murphy made of the housing, and the total bull sh*t he spewed over the past few years. And now we discover she was behind a lot of this?

Speaking of housing, this in the Journal today:

https://www.thejournal.ie/rent-freeze-taoiseach-5081289-Apr2020/

The very thing Varadker said was UNCONSTITUTIONAL prior to the election.

And meanwhile this garbage from FF:

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/fianna-fail-5079782-Apr2020/

Perhaps there will have to be another election in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Election is more that 2 months ago, yet Bailey is still making news even though she is political history lol

Must be some sort of record?

She's not making the news. There's been nothing but positive press about the great job FG have been doing over the last number of months. Go back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

She's not making the news. There's been nothing but positive press about the great job FG have been doing over the last number of months. Go back to sleep.

https://twitter.com/normaburke/status/1252940393903243265?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

She's not making the news. There's been nothing but positive press about the great job HSE have been doing over the last number of months. Go back to sleep.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hah, those links woke You from your slumber Pat, good.

Regarding Bailey, yes directly my above link and comment has nothing to do with her, but INdirectly it certainly has - how? Well, she is ( or was at least ) a member of FG, which makes her a part of the untrustable and scurrilous bunch masquerading as politicians.

As for the FF link? Sure it only illustrates that both parties are of the same ilk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

salmocab wrote: »
    Is that for real? Ffs

Just to add to the tweet, the quickest vaccine ever is most definitely not 4 years. Swine flu was within 1 year, sooner actually, not sure of the exact timeline for mass rollout.

Advertisement