Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

givyjoe wrote: »
    Just to add to the tweet, the quickest vaccine ever is most definitely not 4 years. Swine flu was within 1 year, sooner actually, not sure of the exact timeline for mass rollout.
    Swine Flu wasn't a Coronavirus though, was it?

Edit - https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-04-17/coronavirus-vaccine-ian-frazer/12146616

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Suckit wrote: »

Didn't specify coronavirus in his 4 year statement what virus family he was referring to. 4 years is not the record for vaccine development. Maybe less of the snipey smart arse comments.

Your link says we've never made a successful coronavirus vaccine, so your point and the 4 year claim makes no sense whatsoever. It's simply incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

givyjoe wrote: »
    Didn't specify coronavirus in his 4 year statement what virus family he was referring to. 4 years is not the record for vaccine development. Maybe less of the snipey smart arse comments.

Your link says we've never made a successful coronavirus vaccine, so your point and the 4 year claim makes no sense whatsoever. It's simply incorrect.
    There genuinely wasn't any snipey smart arse comments. That is the way you may have read it, but not the way it was posted.

The link was added later.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

And she is back in court claiming. Lol.

Didn’t take long.

tmabr wrote: »

Didn’t take long.

Don’t leave us hanging.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Didn’t take long.

Not surprised. She acted like an entitled scumbag when elected, so she would not change now that she is a private citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don’t leave us hanging.....

It's behind the paywall on the Indo site, but..

Maria Bailey sues news publisher in High Court over coverage of 'swing gate'

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/maria-bailey-sues-news-publisher-in-high-court-over-coverage-of-swing-gate-39241331.html
    Former TD initiates defamation proceedings over language used in two articles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

This is great news, in my opinion she has a slim chance of winning this case and also if she wants to fight this in court we will have great discovery of evidence on both sides. Including who was the solicitor who advised her to pursue the personal injury case in the first place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Didn’t take long.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Probably that other spoofer Josefa madigan providing the advice!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Does it say who is representing her this time? Could this be her having the last laugh at FGs expense?

I think the paper should let this one go to court. This exposure will be better than any advertising campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Looks like FG didn't deliver on any retirement promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Bowie wrote: »
    Looks like FG didn't deliver on any retirement promises.

She might get a Seanad nomination as part of government talks. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Does it say who is representing her this time? Could this be her having the last laugh at FGs expense?

I think the paper should let this one go to court. This exposure will be better than any advertising campaign.

Looks like a firm in Naas from a Google search. Although, I don't know why she isn't representing herself this time, she must be an expert by now taking out an auld claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Looks like a firm in Naas from a Google search. Although, I don't know why she isn't representing herself this time, she must be an expert by now taking out an auld claim.

I believe it's an American legal anecdote, ' the plaintiff who represents himself, has a fool for a client'.
    Maria is no fool, well not that foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My god she is some fool, she just cant let it go and move on. I'd pity the poor judge who is going to have to listen to her whining

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    My god she is some fool, she just cant let it go and move on. I'd pity the poor judge who is going to have to listen to her whining

I read that in MrTs voice Muah.

mr-t-413140-1-402.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

McMurphy wrote: »
    I read that in MrTs voice Muah.

mr-t-413140-1-402.jpg

She aint gettin on no swing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What is the basis of this particular claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What is the basis of this particular claim?

Middle class entitlement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The runaway train had run out of energy... it was coming to a standstill and the driver just ordered her stokers to pour more coal in to the fire!!

CHOO CHOO!! Get out of my way peasants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

She personifies all that is wrong with modern ireland and the political party of Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Just when it's all been forgotten with a worldwide pandemic, this.

Put away the shovel, pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

It’s not like the reputation is at stake, more embarrassment for FG will spur her on. The media will get great mileage out of this one.

Alan Farrell TD can be her bag carrier..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

Imagine being that detached from reality that you'd think this is an okay thing to do, bearing in mind the year or so that she's just had.

Unbelievable, her ego must be out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

She got some roasting before (deservedly so). I'm amazed that she is willing to go back into the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Every citizen is entitled to seek redress from the courts. Why is she any different?

She obviously believes she has a case. The court will decide. Let her off t.f.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Mrsmum wrote: »
    She got some roasting before (deservedly so). I'm amazed that she is willing to go back into the fire.

I'd imagine she thought she could sneak under the radar in the pandemic.

Advertisement