Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Fair play to her - Hope she bleeds them dry.

Bloody journalists think they can write anything. I experienced some nasty journalism myself and I can assure you, it really has a very long-lasting negative affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

One wonders could the Justice demand the release of the video tape as a result of this.
    One can but hope. Gwan yer Honour!

p.s. Or to remember the swing...Gwan yer Offher! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I believe boards has a long standing rule on not commenting on open court cases. This thread should be locked immediately, in line with policy.

I'd advise other posters not to comment further.

I believe boards has a long standing rule on not commenting on open court cases. This thread should be locked immediately, in line with policy.

How can you comment on a court case that hasn't begun?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

Arciphel wrote: »
    This is great news, she hasn't got a hope of winning the case and also if she wants to fight this in court we will have great discovery of evidence on both sides. Including who was the solicitor who advised her to pursue the personal injury case in the first place. :pac:

How do you know this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

:):). .
    Will the amigos be along to reiterate this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Bloody journalists think they can write anything. I experienced some nasty journalism myself and I can assure you, it really has a very long-lasting negative affect.

Yeah, nasty journalists reporting on the pesky facts.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

One wonders could the Justice demand the release of the video tape as a result of this.
    One can but hope. Gwan yer Honour!

p.s. Or to remember the swing...Gwan yer Offher! :)

Now that I would like to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Your comment is absolutely ridiculous!

Most of the damage Bailey suffered (both physically and reputationally) was self inflicted! The facts of her case are VERY well known. Were you also in the wrong like Bailey and youre upset at the media because they called you out?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know this?

You're absolutely right - I will qualify my initial statement - I believe she has a very slim chance of succeeding in the case. I base this on past cases in Irish courts and also my understanding of defamation law in that in order to defeat the newspapers likely defence of qualified privilege, the plaintiff would have to prove malice in reporting the news article in question.

Does anyone know why the Irish Mirror in particular is being singled out here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Heat_Wave wrote:

Is that you Donald?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Not to comment further on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Who do we sue about everything being called something "gate"

Bill Gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I really hate the use of gate for everything, I actually complained about it on another thread quite recently and someone got me to watch Mitchell and Webb’s watergate gate skit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You dusted off the keyboard to come in on this? Josepha must be kicking up at HQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

LOL out of the woodwork fairly lively. Gave me a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

ricero wrote: »
    She personifies all that is wrong with modern ireland and the political party of Fine Gael.

TOTALLY 100% Correct!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Welcome back Paddy. See you lost none of your panache - still supporting Bailey...duh!

As for your advise? Personally, i'm ignoring it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

More lemons for the Pintman!

We might get to see the video yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see BAI have rejected Maria Bailey's complaint over "untrue and damaging" comments made on RTE radio.

Hopefully she will now completely wind her neck in and disappear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Hard luck Maria

gmisk wrote: »
    I see BAI have rejected Maria Bailey's complaint over "untrue and damaging" comments made on RTE radio.

I would advise you to refrain from commenting on this thread as her credibility might be damaged further.

Good enough for the insufferable windbag, that humble pie will leave a sour aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

gmisk wrote: »

This is mind boggling, was she complaining that the comments she made herself were untrue and damaging?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

givyjoe wrote: »
    This is mind boggling, was she complaining that the comments she made herself were untrue and damaging?!

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0610/1146642-maria-bailey-bai/

Delusional.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

givyjoe wrote: »

nope, she complained about a panel discussion on the same show on 15th november last year..... whereas her initial interview was in may of 2019.

seems like she was consistently waiting in the high grass for someone to say something slanderous so she could sue them, as thats her MO.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

sydthebeat wrote: »
    nope, she complained about a panel discussion on the same show on 15th november last year..... whereas her initial interview was in may of 2019.

seems like she was consistently waiting in the high grass for someone to say something slanderous so she could sue them, as thats her MO.

Obviously trawling back through everything now to see where she might score a few free euro..

The more things change, the more they stay the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Really bizarre behaviour at this stage. There has to be more to this as she is going at significant lengths to further damage her own reputation for the sake of a few euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Social media is not immune either. Some of the posters here have said very slanderous things. They would be wise to keep schtum going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Social media is not immune either. Some of the posters here have said very slanderous things. They would be wise to keep schtum going forward.

good try paddy. we will say what we want.

Advertisement