Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

good try paddy. we will say what we want.

Be careful what you say. You wouldn't know who was reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

couldn't give a monkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

good try paddy. we will say what we want.
    If she tries to sue one of us on here, the resulting crowdfunding raised to fight her in court would be huge. We would even have enough money left over to buy a few more servers and load balancers for boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

God, do ye remember when this was a storm in a teacup and it would all blow over?

Here we are 8 months or so on from the start of this particular thread, and over a year since the Indo 1st broached the story.

Yet Maria is the fit that keeps giving, if she was as tenacious a politician as she is a self obsessed Karen?

She may have made Taoiseach :pac:

Mad to see she still has her cheerleaders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Semantics, an exaggerated insurance claim is exactly what it seems

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    God, do ye remember when this was a storm in a teacup and it would all blow over?

Here we are 8 months or so on from the start of this particular thread, and over a year since the Indo 1st broached the story.

Yet Maria is the fit that keeps giving, if she was as tenacious a politician as she is a self obsessed Karen?

She may have made Taoiseach :pac:

Mad to see she still has her cheerleaders too.

Yes. People said it was the end of FG. It would bring down the government. It personified all that was wrong with politics.

Leo is still toaiseach. FG and ascendant in the polls and no one except a lot of obsessive men (always men) here care about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes. People said it was the end of FG. It would bring down the government. It personified all that was wrong with politics.

Leo is still toaiseach. FG and ascendant in the polls and no one except a lot of obsessive men (always men) here care about her.

i hope you are including yourself in this list of obsessed men?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Be it questioning her morals and ethics, and by extension those of the Government?
    Wondering why FG wouldn't take appropriate action?
    Or rushing to the poor creatures defence as a white knight ;)
    Eh Paddy?

We are all obsessed it seems. Pesky men!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

DILLIGAF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Not going to get into the interminable debate about her ethics or her sense of entitlement and blah blah blah, but for me the one really big mistake that she made was to drop the case.

She should have stuck to her guns and either won the case - which was definitely possible, although she'd probably have ended up getting a derisory award - or lost it, in which case she was bunched.

But by dropping the case she was definitely bunched, although I suppose she may have saved some legal costs.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

Have you changed your name?

I presume you're the lad I played like a fiddle by sending you a fake PM. Caught you hook, line and sinker. Internet pie all over your face!

I haven't looked at that video as it doesn't look appropriate to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I presume you're the lad I played like a fiddle by sending you a fake PM. Caught you hook, line and sinker. Internet pie all over your face!

That was funny in fairness, Patrick. Did you do a bit of time in the clink for that prank?

That was funny in fairness, Patrick. Did you do a bit of time in the clink for that prank?

A very short spell Johnny. To be honest I think the mods thought it was funny too, but they had to be seen to do something. You know yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Not going to get into the interminable debate about her ethics or her sense of entitlement and blah blah blah, but for me the one really big mistake that she made was to drop the case.

She should have stuck to her guns and either won the case - which was definitely possible, although she'd probably have ended up getting a derisory award - or lost it, in which case she was bunched.

But by dropping the case she was definitely bunched, although I suppose she may have saved some legal costs.

She fell off a swing. Kids do this every single day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ChikiChiki wrote: »

But kids don't have a drink in one hand and a bottle or wine ( if I remember correctly) in the other one .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

ChikiChiki wrote: »

And some of them - suing through their parents - are awarded compo.

All that her barrister needed to do was to convince the court that she wasn't particularly intelligent and that the Hotel had failed in its duty of care for the feeble minded - and bingo! She's won the compo lottery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Social media is not immune either. Some of the posters here have said very slanderous things. They would be wise to keep schtum going forward.

And welcome back the 3 amigos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

And welcome back the 3 amigos.

Don`t you mean the 3 stooges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Don`t you mean the 3 stooges?

Blessed Trinity.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

She's received terrible legal advice since day one. Its almost like someone is pranking her with the advice, its been so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

And some of them - suing through their parents - are awarded compo.

All that her barrister needed to do was to convince the court that she wasn't particularly intelligent and that the Hotel had failed in its duty of care for the feeble minded - and bingo! She's won the compo lottery!

what a crock of sh*te. she hadn't a hope. The Dean hotels defence presented the video evidence and her idiotic posting on social media running 10k's and she dropped the claim because she was exposed as an attempted fraudster, what was nauseating was in her own words she said "as far as I am concerned the case is closed" after she dropped the claim...which was exceptionally arrogant to assume it would just go away after dropping an attempted fraudulent claim it was all leaked. she got found out. she's a disaster, today another

maybe the dean hotel defence team were just horrible men and the BAI were all just men........ 'men, always men' you should add in 'white' men at this stage.

the worst part of this is how Jospeha Madigans firm and Josepha herself have come out of this unscathed after clearly advising and representing her to attempt to make a fraudulent claim.

now, isn't this peculiar, somehow JohnnyFlash's posts have changed to a user called StackStevens...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Looks like she's lost none of Daddy's arrogance.

anyone know how JohnnyFlash username has changed? a looks bit dodgy on the boards front here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This resurgence has led me to listen to the interview she did with Sean O'Rourke. I was cringing so much my arse ate the chair I was sitting in. What was she thinking??

"you know me Sean"

silence

"I play fair"

Don't forget, there's CCTV footage of her falling off the swing belonging to the hotel. I wonder will that ever see the light of day?

His last post according to his username was 5 hours ago but he was posting here an hour ago and his username has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

His last post according to his username was 5 hours ago but he was posting here an hour ago and his username has changed.

Might be time to lay off the sherry, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

now, isn't this peculiar, somehow JohnnyFlash's posts have changed to a user called StackStevens...
    anyone know how JohnnyFlash username has changed? a looks bit dodgy on the boards front here.

Different user, same “avatar”. Wow, that is some blunder there, H.

How on Earth did you not see that before “going on” like an, overly excited, Inspector Clouseau? Fairly embarrassing, to say the least.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If only Maria had your humility and saw the errors of her way.

Advertisement