Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Might be time to lay off the sherry, dude.

Jesus Christ I need to start drinking sherry, it must be mighty stuff altogether.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Don`t you mean the 3 stooges?

LOL, Thake Your pick: amigos/stooges, whats the difference?:rolleyes:

Ever notice the only thanks they get are from each other ( in the main)?

They really are fighting a lost cause....just like their mentor/hero - bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

She's received terrible legal advice since day one. Its almost like someone is pranking her with the advice, its been so bad.

Who would turn away this cash cow?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

now, isn't this peculiar, somehow JohnnyFlash's posts have changed to a user called StackStevens...
    anyone know how JohnnyFlash username has changed? a looks bit dodgy on the boards front here.
    His last post according to his username was 5 hours ago but he was posting here an hour ago and his username has changed.

The topic is Maria Bailey, not other users

Do not post in this thread again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

what a crock of sh*te. she hadn't a hope. The Dean hotels defence presented the video evidence and her idiotic posting on social media running 10k's and she dropped the claim because she was exposed as an attempted fraudster, what was nauseating was in her own words she said "as far as I am concerned the case is closed" after she dropped the claim...which was exceptionally arrogant to assume it would just go away after dropping an attempted fraudulent claim it was all leaked. she got found out. she's a disaster, today another

maybe the dean hotel defence team were just horrible men and the BAI were all just men........ 'men, always men' you should add in 'white' men at this stage.

the worst part of this is how Jospeha Madigans firm and Josepha herself have come out of this unscathed after clearly advising and representing her to attempt to make a fraudulent claim.

You'd do well to bear in mind that one ill mannered boor's "crock of sh1te" is another poster's opinion. And, as you should know, both opinions are of equal validity.

I didn't anywhere opine that she would win her shabby little case, but simply stated that by pulling out before the case went to court, she was abandoning any chance that she might have had of retaining a shred of political and personal credibility.

And that remains my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You'd do well to bear in mind that one ill mannered boor's "crock of sh1te" is another poster's opinion. And, as you should know, both opinions are of equal validity.

I didn't anywhere opine that she would win her shabby little case, but simply stated that by pulling out before the case went to court, she was abandoning any chance that she might have had of retaining a shred of political and personal credibility.

And that remains my opinion.

all opinions are not created equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ms. Bailey is obviously not looking to fade away. If Varadkar doesn't come up with that senate seat soon we might be seeing a little more of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Bowie wrote: »
    Ms. Bailey is obviously not looking to fade away. If Varadkar doesn't come up with that senate seat soon we might be seeing a little more of her.

And if Micheal Martin is the next Taoiseach as may well be the case? There will definitely be no Seanad seat for her then.

Ever notice just how quiet JM is these days? I still believe MB has a few toys in her pram waiting for the right moment to throw them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There’ll only be at best half the nominations for the Seanad from FG possibly less if the greens negotiate it, can’t see her being very far up the list of favours being handed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ever notice just how quiet JM is these days? I still believe MB has a few toys in her pram waiting for the right moment to throw them out.

Maybe she’s laying low for fear the mob of “frog-eyed” men, who’ve been moving between Boards, Facebook and Twitter, spreading their messages of hate, will turn on her?

But, I mean, what can she expect from the “supporters” of a party who’ve had no qualms about “disappearing” women in the past.

She’s a smart cookie.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Maybe she’s laying low for fear the mob of “frog-eyed” men, who’ve been moving between Boards, Facebook and Twitter, spreading their messages of hate, will turn on her?

But, I mean, what can she expect from the “supporters” of a party who’ve had no qualms about “disappearing” women in the past.

She’s a smart cookie.

Knew it wouldn't take long to flush out the 3 amigos, welcome back ES.

What messages of hate you referring to? ALL I personally want is PUBLIC representatives being JUST THAT - PR's not out to line their own pockets.

How hard is to understand & accept that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She’s a smart cookie.

Ah, the inference that if you criticise you are hateful. This is tried on a lot. Will one of ye be along with the sexist 'always women' line soon?
    I believe most if not all references to Madigan relate to incidents and actions not merely insulting the woman. As in all things it's more progressive to tackle issues not invent reasons why issues shouldn't or can't be raised.
    Also I'm not sure why you are dragging the Catholic Church into this. Reads as petty and desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

IMO the political fallout from a Seanad nomination makes same an absolute no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She’s a smart cookie.

Listen to this interview.

And where she's ended up.

She really and truly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I'm delighted for her that she's keeping herself in the news anyhow, she must be determined to keep reminding everyone of her starring moments battling gravity.

Are these comments re her ending up in the Senate serious though? I'd imagine people would be aghast and disgusted if she ever took public office again?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

McMurphy wrote: »

That interview just never gets old I have to say.

She obviously hasn't learned a thing from the last year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wasn’t talking about Bailey, do keep up, M.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Wasn’t talking about Bailey, do keep up, M.

I was though - you can tell that by the way I left out your stuff about maidgan, and how it was Maria's interview I linked to. :D

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That interview just never gets old I have to say.

She obviously hasn't learned a thing from the last year either.

Be grand they said,

Forgot about come summer they said.

Won't matter a curse to FG in the election they said.

• Advertisement

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I'm delighted for her that she's keeping herself in the news anyhow, she must be determined to keep reminding everyone of her starring moments battling gravity.

Are these comments re her ending up in the Senate serious though? I'd imagine people would be aghast and disgusted if she ever took public office again?

If Lynn Ruane can do it, then why not Maria?

If Lynn Ruane can do it, then why not Maria?

Prob as good a place as any to start the comparison.

When was the last time Lynn fell off a swing?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Be grand they said,

Forgot about come summer they said.

Be grand they said,

Forgot about come summer they said,

They'll do an investigation they said,

Wait for the report they said,

The report was always internal they said,

It wasn't fraud they said,

No you cant see the report - just trust us they said,

Prob as good a place as any to start the comparison.

When was the last time Lynn fell off a swing?

Unfortunately I'm not her spokesperson.

But here's her email address should you wish to pursue your investigations:- lynn.ruane<at>oireachtas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ivan Yates on the Tonight Show last night seemed to suggest that Josepha is set to lose her position as Minister

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ivan Yates on the Tonight Show last night seemed to suggest that Josepha is set to lose her position as Minister

He said that on the radio the other day although in fairness there’ll only be 6 ministries for them. He reckoned her constituency mate Neal Richmond may get a decent post.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Does Yates genuinely believe that a deal will be achieved?

If so, no wonder that his bookmaking business went to the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Social media is not immune either. Some of the posters here have said very slanderous things. They would be wise to keep schtum going forward.

Slander is spoken, libellous is written. Its only libellous if it is untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Yes. People said it was the end of FG. It would bring down the government. It personified all that was wrong with politics.

Leo is still toaiseach. FG and ascendant in the polls and no one except a lot of obsessive men (always men) here care about her.

Lol, going from clear leader to THIRD most popular is a huge success for FG?

The best thing that happened FG was Covid, the only reason Leo is in charge.

They are doing better in polls because its not them managing the Covid response and paying people more money not to work.

FG were very slow to react to Covid, last minute cancellation of Paddys day and blaming Irish for jamming up Temple Bar when it was full of the tourists that had just landed for Paddys day. Their PPE purchase was a ****show too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Unfortunately I'm not her spokesperson.

But here's her email address should you wish to pursue your investigations:- lynn.ruane<at>oireachtas.ie

Why is Lynn Ruane being dragged into this?

Advertisement