Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Maybe she’s laying low for fear the mob of “frog-eyed” men, who’ve been moving between Boards, Facebook and Twitter, spreading their messages of hate, will turn on her?

But, I mean, what can she expect from the “supporters” of a party who’ve had no qualms about “disappearing” women in the past.

She’s a smart cookie.

You can greatly dislike Sinn Fein, which I do, and greatly dislike disingenuous characters who try to cheat the insurance system for their own financial gain, which I also do.

Dislike of the latter should transcend party lines and defending these actions seems to only be the want of blinkered zealots.

To try bring gender into this only makes you look foolish to be honest as idiocy & fraudulent claims should be called out at all times.

The above applies to both the claimant & their advisors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Unfortunately I'm not her spokesperson.

But here's her email address should you wish to pursue your investigations:- lynn.ruane<at>oireachtas.ie

Maybe best using your email address retrieval skills to email Ms Bailey and ask her about the differences she has (if any) with Ms Ruane.

Probably better than asking a hypothetical question on an anonymous messaging board stackster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Still seriously injured?

Ah come on. Think she is looking for sympathy to restart the career?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Still seriously injured?

She lost 30 seconds off her marathon time probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This woman has no shame.

First she seeks damages from a fall that was entirely her own fault.

Then she wants to compare herself to Caroline Flack.

She should just go away quietly and cut her losses, but no. She complains about being in the public eye by doing an interview which puts her back in the public eye.

She is honestly clueless and shameless.

She deserves what she got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

"the truth is taken out of your hands"
    What the **** does that mean? She wants only her truth to be heard but not the actual truth that comes out. And the mention of Caroline Flack so people think she's a victim, what a self absorbed horrible wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Comparing herself to Caroline Flack is really low and shows no shame.

Shes got the same PR team as Danny Kinehan. Huge PR misfire.

Shed be better off coming out and saying she chance her arm and got it wrong. Playing the victim when she was caught out is just low

• Advertisement

• A new low. This playing the victim is really tedious. It's clear, Maria wants to come back into politics.

Her latest tweets are latching onto an agenda of online bullying which certainly does exist. However being called out for making a fraudulent insurance claim is not bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Still seriously injured?

She'll be a long time looking.

To be fair I believe her when she says shes still serious injured.

She clearly banged her head fairly hard, no other explaination for this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Archeron

What's her beef with being portrayed as a Halloween costume? Surely that's an honour.

Archeron wrote: »
    What's her beef with being portrayed as a Halloween costume? Surely that's an honour.

She only had herself to blame. When ya act the goat when your a public offical and you are open to ridicule.

Next we will have the members of Golfgate tell us how suicidal the incident made them.

The Independent are worse for giving her this platform.

Archeron wrote: »

What did she think mentioning that would garner anything other than amusement from readers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Let he who has never hit the deck, a drink in each hand, cast the first stone

Really sickening that Madigan seems to have gotten away with her role in the saga virtually unscathed.

The pair of them were in it, don't forget Bailey said she was trying to obtain the compensation following legal advice. The letter demanding the money from the Dean was from her firm.

When the Dean wouldn't allow themselves to be shook down, they initiated proceedings thinking it would be settled before court (Bailey said this herself)

Pair of sleveens. Madigan should have had her hole handed to her also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

What did she think mentioning that would garner anything other than amusement from readers?

She's completely and utterly deluded. Have seen her recent twitter posts, still considers herself a victim. Absolutely galling.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Really sickening that Madigan seems to have gotten away with her role in the saga virtually unscathed.

The pair of them were in it, don't forget Bailey said she was trying to obtain the compensation following legal advice. The letter demanding the money from the Dean was from her firm.

When the Dean wouldn't allow themselves to be shook down, they initiated proceedings thinking it would be settled before court (Bailey said this herself)

Pair of sleveens. Madigan should have had her hole handed to her also.

They might regret not getting rid of Josepha after her shooting off her mouth today. Although if they were to get rid of those who don't seem to know what they are doing it might be an empty Cabinet room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Still seriously injured?

Leave-britney-alone-o_1.gif

Trying to go the Leo 'poor me' route.
    Why do people keep calling bullies and liars bullies and liars?

Maria Bailey isn’t very good at interviews, is she?

I’ve just read the entire indo piece and she doesn’t elaborate on what seriously injured means. What’s so serious about it, Maria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Whoever she has doing PR really should be fired on the spot.
    She is a disaster area and at this stage is a liability.
    Her political career is over, not because of the fall mind you but because of the disaster interviews she has done after them,

No loss, her father should have been kicked out of politics as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I’ve just read the entire indo piece and she doesn’t elaborate on what seriously injured means. What’s so serious about it, Maria?

He pocket is seriously short of cash

Seriously bruised ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I think this thread is a good example of the type of abuse that women in politics can face from angry men on the internet.

It's sad to see Maria had to go through that abuse, particularly as her father was dying.

I think most people have moved on from this story now and I can see her back in public life in the future. Hard to know will she go for a general election or maybe look to the Taoiseach for a Seanad seat. In any case she has a lot to offer Irish politics again and she'll be stronger despite the vile abuse she's suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I think this thread is a good example of the type of abuse that women in politics can face from angry men on the internet.

It's sad to see Maria had to go through that abuse, particularly as her father was dying.

I think most people have moved on from this story now and I can see her back in public life in the future. Hard to know will she go for a general election or maybe look to the Taoiseach for a Seanad seat. In any case she has a lot to offer Irish politics again and she'll be stronger despite the vile abuse she's suffered.

Brought it all on by herself. It's the likes of her that has insurance premiums sky high here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Brought it all on by herself. It's the likes of her that has insurance premiums sky high here.

The way she went about things wasn't perfect, no doubt.

Saying she brought it on herself if blaming the victim. No one deserves abuse to be posted to their house as their father is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Saying she brought it on herself if blaming the victim. No one deserves abuse to be posted to their house as their father is dying.

Is the hotel not the victim in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's not victim blaming. It's stating fact. And if she was a track suit wearing, single mother from a county council estate you wouldn't give a fcuk. Because she's one of your own she's a victim?

Advertisement