Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

smurgen wrote: »
    Fantastic post. It's a serious allegation in my opinion to call someone misogyny/racism/homophonbic. If someone was accusing me of such things in the real life I'd get legal advice. How it's tolerated so casually in here I've no idea.

Yeah, it's disgusting and reflects very badly on the people who throw around those labels without even trying to back them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    There was only the one question mark. One. See below in bold.

No, there was more.
    markodaly wrote: »

Tell us, if a public figure is getting online abuse and hate mail, should they just suck it up, or go public about it?
    Would you say, James McClean deserve the abuse he gets or is it wrong, or perhaps he should just suck it up?

Astonishing that people ignore large sections of people's post when it suits. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Has anyone seen the abuse she got?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Are we still talking about Barry Cowen in CA?
    Are we still talking about Phil Hogan in CA?

No, yet here we are still talking about Maria Bailey.

They both had the common sense to shut the f*ck up and go quietly into that good night. Were they still ridiculously railing against the entirely justified internet mob pile-on, we would still be taking the absolute piss out of them. This particular thread only appeared on the front page again when Bailey started making noise again. I guarantee you that if Phil Hogan tries to do the same, he will be memed into oblivion. Barry Cowen won't because in all honesty, there's no way any political leader would be foolish enough to give him another shot at relevance within the current Dáil term at the least - Phil Hogan is a different beast, those in charge seem intent on standing by him no matter what.
    The original thread on her went to almost 10,000 posts over a 5 month period and was eventually closed by a mod, yet here we are with a new thread as if we need to rehash the same story from 2 years ago. Are you saying that her indiscretion warranted that level of attention over all these years?

Yes. It wasn't the two fingers to the club-going public which generated this level of vitriol (and make no mistake, that's what it was - the next time you ask why you have to pay a €10 cover charge before you even get to spend €6 on a pint of Guinness after hours, remember this case and its fallout), it was her attempts to double down and lash out at everyone who attacked her for it. I'd argue that without the infamous "Sean... Sean... Sean..." interview, everyone would have forgotten about this incident within a couple of months and FG wouldn't have thrown her off the ticket.

Obviously just a hunch, but I'll stand by it until someone offers a decent argument otherwise. FG don't do accountability and they stand by their own no matter what. The only exception to that is when a politician makes an absolute feckin' eejit of themselves on national radio or television. At that point, it becomes a whole different ball game.
    To compare, this is the thread about Barry Cowen, who was an actual government minister and who got convicted of an actual crime, drink driving.
    https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058096175
    A little over 3000 posts and the thread just died.

Because he was wisely dumped, and he stopped kicking up a fuss about it soon afterward.
    This is the one about Phil Hogan.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106429
    About 4400 posts and then it died.
    Remember Phil Hogan was arguably Ireland's most important public official at time.

Same difference, though. After Hogan was canned (sorry, "resigned" entirely of his own free will and with no pressure put on him from upstairs :D ) he didn't go around making statements or giving interviews in which he blamed the entire f*cking world except himself for his troubles. That's the difference.
    So we have two examples of a Senior Cabinet Minister and our EU Commisioner losing jobs because of a scandal, yet backbench nobody TD extracts way more than posts combined with the original thread shut by a mod, and you are telling me there is ZERO misogyny or sexism at play?
    Come off it!

See above.
    Just have a look at the regular posters, who were giving it their all, with an almost daily uptake and opining about this or that, for 5 months?

It is hard to quantity misogyny, granted but the abuse she got was just over the top and still people today want to have their say on it.

It really wasn't. Boards skews young, many posters on this very forum have probably sat on those swings in various states of intoxication (I can't count the number of times I've acted the f*cking eejit on those swings with an entire predrinks session worth of beer or spirits on board, and I've tripped or fallen off them several times and just had a laugh about it afterwards) - and many of those same posters will have bemoaned the fact that nightclubs are closing all over Dublin and those that remain are horribly overpriced, because the insurance racket is literally bleeding them dry.

Maria Bailey is the poster child for exactly why insurance both for consumers and for businesses is so high, and she's a politician from the same ruling party which refuses to do anything about the insurance issue. And she literally would not stop doubling down on the moronic idea that a business owned her medical expenses after she injured herself through her own fault.

You know what I did the last time I slipped and fell in a nightclub on Harcourt Street because I was pissed out of my skull and had a little accident? I took it easy for a couple of days and popped the occasional ibuprofen. I didn't go for a run and then ask the club to pay for my trip to A&E, because I'm not a self-entitled gobsh!te.
    It is clear to me that women in the public service and eye have to put up with a lot more crap then the usual stuff was thrown about the place in politics.

I'm not actually arguing or denying that. I'm arguing that it's not relevant in this case. A very specific set of circumstances at the time led to this story blowing up, and Bailey's gender was not one of them. Name literally any male Irish politician and I'll tell you without even a shadow of a doubt that they too would have been memed to oblivion had they been stupid enough to (a) fall off the swing in Sophies, (b) sue the hotel as it if it wasn't their own stupid fault, and (c) most importantly, continuously rant and rave to anyone who'll listen about how it wasn't their fault and they didn't deserve the attacks they got.
    It is self-evident, and the Maria Bailey thread is an example of that. Often the same posters giving it their all in that thread are often the same ones throwing in their voices to any thread to do with other women in politics, from Frances Fitzgerald to Helen McEntee, it is genuinely hard to think what their true motivation is here. They will of course deny it as much good as that is.

Frances FitzGerald is a disgrace. Helen McEntee is not - scandal hit, but far less so than either FitzGerald or Bailey.

For the record, Alan Shatter is also a disgrace. As is Phil Hogan, Barry Cowen, Stephen Donnelly (how in Christ's name is this man still a minister? :eek: ) and numerous other male and female politicians both past and present.

Maria Bailey's incident was a convergance of public frustration with the high cost of insurance, public frustration with the high cost of hospitality which we're told stems largely from the high cost of insurance, public anger at Fine Gael, and the fact that the swing in Sophies has been an absolutely iconic staple of a young person's night out in Dublin for the last nine years, and that so many of us, myself included, have fallen off it while goofing off after drinking the town dry and not asked the manager to pay our f*cking hospital bills. And, as I've said repeatedly, that even after such a train wreck of circumstance, most people who get caught up in this don't go on the offensive and publicly rail against everyone other than themselves in the most hilariously angry and bitter vitriol after getting caught in their own mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No, yet here we are still talking about Maria Bailey. The original thread on her went to almost 10,000 posts over a 5 month period and was eventually closed by a mod, yet here we are with a new thread as if we need to rehash the same story from 2 years ago. Are you saying that her indiscretion warranted that level of attention over all these years?

To compare, this is the thread about Barry Cowen, who was an actual government minister and who got convicted of an actual crime, drink driving.
    https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058096175
    A little over 3000 posts and the thread just died.

This is the one about Phil Hogan.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106429
    About 4400 posts and then it died.
    Remember Phil Hogan was arguably Ireland's most important public official at time.

So we have two examples of a Senior Cabinet Minister and our EU Commisioner losing jobs because of a scandal, yet backbench nobody TD extracts way more than posts combined with the original thread shut by a mod, and you are telling me there is ZERO misogyny or sexism at play?
    Come off it!

Just have a look at the regular posters, who were giving it their all, with an almost daily uptake and opining about this or that, for 5 months?

It is hard to quantity misogyny, granted but the abuse she got was just over the top and still people today want to have their say on it.

It is clear to me that women in the public service and eye have to put up with a lot more crap then the usual stuff was thrown about the place in politics.

It is self-evident, and the Maria Bailey thread is an example of that. Often the same posters giving it their all in that thread are often the same ones throwing in their voices to any thread to do with other women in politics, from Frances Fitzgerald to Helen McEntee, it is genuinely hard to think what their true motivation is here. They will of course deny it as much good as that is.

Excellent post, and the response to it shows clearly how boards has a problem with this issue.

Awareness-raising is critical in addressing dog-whistle abuse. I will continue to call it out wherever I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They both had the common sense to shut the f*ck up and go quietly into that good night. Were they still ridiculously railing against the entirely justified internet mob pile-on, we would still be taking the absolute piss out of them. This particular thread only appeared on the front page again when Bailey started making noise again. I guarantee you that if Phil Hogan tries to do the same, he will be memed into oblivion. Barry Cowen won't because in all honesty, there's no way any political leader would be foolish enough to give him another shot at relevance within the current Dáil term at the least - Phil Hogan is a different beast, those in charge seem intent on standing by him no matter what.

Yes. It wasn't the two fingers to the club-going public which generated this level of vitriol (and make no mistake, that's what it was - the next time you ask why you have to pay a €10 cover charge before you even get to spend €6 on a pint of Guinness after hours, remember this case and its fallout), it was her attempts to double down and lash out at everyone who attacked her for it. I'd argue that without the infamous "Sean... Sean... Sean..." interview, everyone would have forgotten about this incident within a couple of months and FG wouldn't have thrown her off the ticket.

Obviously just a hunch, but I'll stand by it until someone offers a decent argument otherwise. FG don't do accountability and they stand by their own no matter what. The only exception to that is when a politician makes an absolute feckin' eejit of themselves on national radio or television. At that point, it becomes a whole different ball game.

Because he was wisely dumped, and he stopped kicking up a fuss about it soon afterward.

Same difference, though. After Hogan was canned (sorry, "resigned" entirely of his own free will and with no pressure put on him from upstairs :D ) he didn't go around making statements or giving interviews in which he blamed the entire f*cking world except himself for his troubles. That's the difference.

See above.

It really wasn't. Boards skews young, many posters on this very forum have probably sat on those swings in various states of intoxication (I can't count the number of times I've acted the f*cking eejit on those swings with an entire predrinks session worth of beer or spirits on board, and I've tripped or fallen off them several times and just had a laugh about it afterwards) - and many of those same posters will have bemoaned the fact that nightclubs are closing all over Dublin and those that remain are horribly overpriced, because the insurance racket is literally bleeding them dry.

Maria Bailey is the poster child for exactly why insurance both for consumers and for businesses is so high, and she's a politician from the same ruling party which refuses to do anything about the insurance issue. And she literally would not stop doubling down on the moronic idea that a business owned her medical expenses after she injured herself through her own fault.

You know what I did the last time I slipped and fell in a nightclub on Harcourt Street because I was pissed out of my skull and had a little accident? I took it easy for a couple of days and popped the occasional ibuprofen. I didn't go for a run and then ask the club to pay for my trip to A&E, because I'm not a self-entitled gobsh!te.

I'm not actually arguing or denying that. I'm arguing that it's not relevant in this case. A very specific set of circumstances at the time led to this story blowing up, and Bailey's gender was not one of them. Name literally any male Irish politician and I'll tell you without even a shadow of a doubt that they too would have been memed to oblivion had they been stupid enough to (a) fall off the swing in Sophies, (b) sue the hotel as it if it wasn't their own stupid fault, and (c) most importantly, continuously rant and rave to anyone who'll listen about how it wasn't their fault and they didn't deserve the attacks they got.

Frances FitzGerald is a disgrace. Helen McEntee is not - scandal hit, but far less so than either FitzGerald or Bailey.

For the record, Alan Shatter is also a disgrace. As is Phil Hogan, Barry Cowen, Stephen Donnelly (how in Christ's name is this man still a minister? :eek: ) and numerous other male and female politicians both past and present.

Maria Bailey's incident was a convergance of public frustration with the high cost of insurance, public frustration with the high cost of hospitality which we're told stems largely from the high cost of insurance, public anger at Fine Gael, and the fact that the swing in Sophies has been an absolutely iconic staple of a young person's night out in Dublin for the last nine years, and that so many of us, myself included, have fallen off it while goofing off after drinking the town dry and not asked the manager to pay our f*cking hospital bills. And, as I've said repeatedly, that even after such a train wreck of circumstance, most people who get caught up in this don't go on the offensive and publicly rail against everyone other than themselves in the most hilariously angry and bitter vitriol after getting caught in their own mess.

I wish I could thank this post twice.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Excellent post, and the response to it shows clearly how boards has a problem with this issue.

Awareness-raising is critical in addressing dog-whistle abuse. I will continue to call it out wherever I see it.

If Alan Shatter got pissed, fell off a swing while holding 2 drinks and then tried to claim they were severely injured despite not being clearly injured, Id still be here calling him a chancer, a fraud and a horrible human.

Her gender has zero to do with it.

Her actions do.

The public dont want her back in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If Alan Shatter got pissed, fell off a swing while holding 2 drinks and then tried to claim they were severely injured despite not being clearly injured, Id still be here calling him a chancer, a fraud and a horrible human.

Her gender has zero to do with it.

Her actions do.

The public dont want her back in politics.

And then you would be accused of being anti Semitic.

If it was Leo, you would be accused of being racist and or homophobic.

Neale Richmond = Sectarian.

And on and on, etc etc.

It's either in their nature, or its simply because there's nothing else left in their armoury to defend the indefensible.

I am at a loss as to how it's tolerated.

And on and on, etc etc.

It's either in their nature, or its simply because there's nothing else left in their armoury to defend the indefensible.

Its mind boggling.

Ive no problem with women. I have a problem with frauds.

Politics needs less of Bailey. Id happily see more women in politics. That said, I dislike most politicians in general. Most are shady and dislike accountability regardless of gender race, sexuality.... im actually struggling to think of a politician I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

And on and on, etc etc.

This. Creeping identity politics into Irish public discourse is a f*cking cancer which needs to be nipped in the bud as quickly as possible before we go full United States on it. It's incredible how often people are attacked over there for criticising a politician, regardless of why or how deserved that criticism is, on the grounds that "we need more politicians from X demographic group, ergo we should give this person a free pass on scandals or crappy policy". It's absolutely endemic in America and it's been a complete and utter disaster for their politics (and is, in my view, one of the contributory factors in Trump getting elected four years ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s quite simple: Maria Bailey will stop being talked about when Maria Bailey stops giving people reasons to talk about her.

Even this thread would have died a while back had people not charged in asking why she is still being talked about.

McFly85 wrote: »
    It’s quite simple: Maria Bailey will stop being talked about when Maria Bailey stops giving people reasons to talk about her.

Even this thread would have died a while back had people not charged in asking why she is still being talked about.

Her ego craves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A poster said if these massive pay-outs didn't stop there would be reform in the system.

They were right, it looks like there is finally some pushback coming.

No, yet here we are still talking about Maria Bailey. The original thread on her went to almost 10,000 posts over a 5 month period and was eventually closed by a mod, yet here we are with a new thread as if we need to rehash the same story from 2 years ago. Are you saying that her indiscretion warranted that level of attention over all these years?t is.

It was a dead topic until she started with the victim ****e. I reckon if the men you mentioned came out with the similar they would be commented here again. You should stand back, the flag is too big for you to fly.

I wish I could thank this post twice.

I threw one on for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

McFly85 wrote: »

It did die. It was dead for 8 months when I posted the indo interview Bailey did recently. She resurrected it with her brass neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I really think you guys need to drop it. The level of obsession that some people have over this is actually frightening.

Both Cowen and Hogan did come out recently and defend their actions. No one cared. When Maria does it there are pages and pages of angry and insulting posts. It's not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I really think you guys need to drop it. The level of obsession that some people have over this is actually frightening.

Both Cowen and Hogan did come out recently and defend their actions. No one cared. When Maria does it there are pages and pages of angry and insulting posts. It's not a good look.

It is maria that didn't drop it. If she hadn't given another interview where she played the victim we wouldn't be talking about her.

The thread would die without you white knighting Bailey on account of her gender.

Her gender has zero to do with her fraudulent claims and her recent interviews where she doubles down on said claims.

Thankfully I dont care about looking good, I care about doing the right thing. I care my insurance premiums. I care about making sure frauds like Bailey stay out of poloitics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I've not read all the recent posts, but I've seen I'd days elsewhere that Maria was trying to get some sympathy in the press in order to enhance her chances in up coming legal action. If true, I think she deserves criticism for attempting a cynical move. Furthermore, it would further signal delusion that she could win public sympathy. I hope she's left with a pile of legal costs.

• Advertisement

The thread would die without you white knighting Bailey on account of her gender.

Her gender has zero to do with her fraudulent claims and her recent interviews where she doubles down on said claims.

Thankfully I dont care about looking good, I care about doing the right thing. I care my insurance premiums. I care about making sure frauds like Bailey stay out of poloitics.
    FG minions have a habit of 'when in doubt' - call people homophobes, racists, misogynists, sexist and blame everyone else.
    Even ignoring the facts that Bailey dragged this up again on her own. She seems to be making a habit of making ill judged interviews for herself.
    But perish the thought that anyone would notice that she did it if it goes against her expectations. Full circle, blame everyone else, call them sexist etc..
    She should have put her head down regarding the drunken tumble she took way back when, and would have been much better off maybe apologising to those affected, maybe even attempting to do something constructive instead of holding on to this negativity, another FG habit. They can't seem to let go of the times things don't go their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The first reaction of most adults who fall off a swing while holding a beer would be to hope that no one saw them fall. You cannot have sympathy for someone who goes to the media not once, but twice, to try and garner sympathy for the trauma she suffered. You certainly could not vote her back into an elected representative position when she shows such a clear lack of judgement, and understanding of her audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So you think it's acceptable for Bailey to try to defend her attempt to make a false insurance claim?

They both had the common sense to shut the f*ck up and go quietly into that good night. Were they still ridiculously railing against the entirely justified internet mob pile-on, we would still be taking the absolute piss out of them.

Really?

Barry Cowen did an interview with the Sunday Indo on the 3rd of January this year, sticking the knife into MM, the man who sacked him, yet not a peep about it here in CA.

https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058096175&page=201
    Last post, 23rd of August 2020

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/the-barry-cowen-interview-micheal-martin-should-go-before-next-election-39924822.html

Phil Hogan did an interview with the Sunday Indo on the 26th of December, bemoaning the lack of due process, into his own sacking, yet not a peep about it here in CA

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106429&page=111
    Last post, November 2020

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/the-big-interview-it-would-have-been-nice-if-i-had-got-some-kind-of-due-process-phil-hogan-breaks-silence-on-golfgate-39900487.html

Maria Bailey does an interview with the Indo on the 22nd of Feb, yet here we are talking about her again, as if the previous 10,000 posts didn't cover everything.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/maria-bailey-opens-up-about-abuse-she-received-after-swing-gate-and-said-she-is-still-seriously-injured-from-the-fall-40120910.html

I am sorry, but the evidence does not support your statement, at all!!

This particular thread only appeared on the front page again when Bailey started making noise again. I guarantee you that if Phil Hogan tries to do the same, he will be memed into oblivion. Barry Cowen won't because in all honesty, there's no way any political leader would be foolish enough to give him another shot at relevance within the current Dáil term at the least - Phil Hogan is a different beast, those in charge seem intent on standing by him no matter what.

I guarantee that you are wrong and very wrong at that.....
    Care to retract that 'guarantee'?

FG don't do accountability, yet she was thrown off the ticket.... hmmm.

See my first post.
    They both did what you claimed they didn't. Yet, they were men, and she was a woman. I guess you put her on a different pedestal than these two men. Perhaps the problem is your own way of looking at the issue. Ignoring one set of facts, while exaggerating another, for effect like!
    See above.

My statement stands. To state that there is zero mysogieny at play here, you just brush it off, as 'see above' is dishonest and disingenuous. It is self-evident that there is, the only debate is how much.

I think you are showing your political bias now. You post that on the very weekend we have this.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0305/1201294-personal-injury-cases/

Now if you think they are not doing enough, then that is fair enough, but to say that they refuse to do 'anything' is just patently not correct factually.

I'm not actually arguing or denying that. I'm arguing that it's not relevant in this case.

Ok, so you agree that women have a much harder time of it than men in the public eye, yet this case is 'exempt'! Wow... just wow!!

This after Maria Bailey explained how she got hate mail in her postbox and people asking her to go commit suicide.
    Oh, I get it, she 'deserves' it, I guess. She should have just 'shut her mouth' like you said earlier... never to darken a journalists door again. Just slink off and be invisible......

Honestly, you should really read back over some of the stuff you write and think to yourself, 'Am I really going to try and con people into this way of thinking?'

Curious to know why you think Frances Fitzgerald is a disgrace when she was exonerated by the independent disclosures tribunal, but anyway a good reference point is an announcement by Helen McEntee that she was pregnant. That thread here was a good one alright, the usual suspect giving their opinion, with some underhanded sexism at play, with many deleted posts....

She is due to go on maternity leave soon and I'll bet you anything the usual crowd on social media will give it a go as well, saying how it's a disgrace she is going on six months leave with pay and all that.....
    Then we wonder why more women won't get into politics!

Find me an equivalent thread on boards about them, that goes on over 10,000 posts and the topic is kept alive after 2 years. Go on, it should be easy, right?
    Apart from Donald Trump or perhaps Boris or some other party leader, I cant think of anyone else who attracted the same level of continuous attention.
    Maria Bailey's incident was a convergance of public frustration with the high cost of insurance, public frustration with the high cost of hospitality which we're told stems largely from the high cost of insurance, public anger at Fine Gael,

See, I don't necessarily disagree.
    She became a lightning rod for a time because of the injury claim.
    It was stupid and self-defeating not helped by her interview with SOR.
    I don't necessarily disagree that she has very bad judgement.
    I don't necessarily disagree that she lacked a bit of common sense and seemed aloof.

However....that doesn't explain why we are still talking about her in such a manner almost two years later. It doesn't explain away the level of abuse she got, It doesn't exonerate those who sent her hate mail or told her to go kill herself. It doesn't exonerate or excuse those who harbour overt or unconscious sexism and find it 'a laugh' to post in a continuous manner about her in such a way, one can easily think that there is something else going on.

It doesn't explain why the mod in the original thread had to close it or delete posts from it. Just have a quick gander. There was an almost exuberant voyeuristic glee from a few posters, who were taking 'bets' about when the CCTV of the incident would be released to the public. Really shameful stuff to be honest. Vultures picking the bones.

Did Cowan or Hogan do an interview in the last 2 weeks?

If they did we would be taking about them.

You go to some lengths to defend someone who aopears to b an insurance fraudster.

Why?

They did one each in December and January.. no one was much too bothered.
    Yet, now people are very bothered about a woman doing a similar interview.
    Odd that!

They did one each in December and January.. no one was much too bothered.
    Yet, now people are very bothered about a woman doing a similar interview.
    Odd that!

Its not about her gender no matter how much you believe it to be.

Its about her actions. Personally Im paying bigger insurance premiums thanks to false claimants. She is trying to get back into politics.

Im dead against it.

Personally happy for another woman to be elected over her.

Its not about her gender no matter how much you believe it to be.

Its about her actions.

Yet two minutes ago...

Of course, they did interviews recently, but its really about her actions... eh... not her gender.

There is of course deep hypocrisy here, that deserves to be called out and some people are very uneasy about that.

Yet two minutes ago...

Of course, the did interviews recently, but its really about her actions... eh... not her gender.

There is of course deep hypocrisy here, that deserves to be called out and some people are very uneasy about that.
    Yeah... I'm not so sure that Cowen or Hogan got steaming drunk and couldn't sit on a board that wasn't nailed to the spot, and then tried to sue because of that inability.

But please, by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm not so sure that Cowen or Hogan got steaming drunk and couldn't sit on a board that wasn't nailed to the spot, and then tried to sue because of that inability.

But please, by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, one was caught drink driving an actual crime.... but go on, I guess what Maria Bailey did was worse.

Advertisement