Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

blanch152 wrote: »
    There were quite a number of abusive posts on this thread and the last one, some of which were actioned by mods, and are still there for all to see.

So you’re ok with the abuse as long as it’s by women? Just trying to understand the logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There were quite a number of abusive posts on this thread and the last one, some of which were actioned by mods, and are still there for all to see.

was she abused because she is a woman or because she is a brass-necked fraudster? If is the latter then it is not misogynistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Quote one there for us.. Specifically a misogynistic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Insurers are scam artists. While what MB did was wrong, they're going to raise the premiums either way.

Its laughable to believe that a few high-profile compo cases that appear in the media swallow up all these insurers' overheads.

With work from home, they can now reduce overheads on commercial rent as well. Yet they will only ever increase, increase, increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Amusing revisionism on this thread. Even Paddy is trying to save face :)

Fine Gael promised in 2011 to fix the problem with insurance premiums especially public liability insurance payments which has a detrimental impact on businesses and the economy. Excessive compensation and insurance premiums are still all over the news today. At the same time 2 FG TDs Farrell and Bailey were trying to cash in on the 'compo culture' bandwagon. The latter was aided and abetted by Madigan solicitors. I have often asked how FG could allow that chancer Alan Farrell to run in GE20 but the FG fans will always ignore that question.

You will also find that the Bailey/Farrell story re-emerged when they both got top spots in the expenses audit. If memory serves me right, Farrell was asked to pay back 4000 Euro and Bailey was asked to pay back 2000 Euro. Dodgy/Invalid expense claims at the taxpayers expenses. Nice.

The Bailey story grew further legs when the Dun Laoghaoire FG members took matters into their own hands and voted for a review of party's election ticket. It was Leo's way of fobbing off his initial inaction. The reporters were all over that meeting and if memory serves me right Bailey said she was going to take legal action against it.

Some will blandly play the mysogeny card with this story but it's entirely hypocritical. The same FG heads have very little empathy or sense of justice for the Mother and Baby home survivors. They simply want any bad press for FG to go away. Party over country.

Last time I looked in the Dail, the main opposition party is led by a woman (north and south). The Social Democrats are led by 2 women and have 4 women TDs out of 6. Labour had a woman as previous party leader. When was Fine Gael last led by a woman? As I said, hypocritical.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Paddy, whats your opinion on Maria Baileys insurance claim exploits?

Im curious

He won't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Does no harm to remind people what they're dealing with here. Blatant arrogance, dishonesty and self entitlement.

Very first line, she's on about "leaked documents" the same Maria defenders coincidentally are also defending Leo on "leaked documents"

Go home lads. You couldn't make this shît up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

markodaly wrote: »
    Or ministers who are caught drink driving, an actual crime.
    Or maybe they don't like 'uppity' women?

But out of the 3 named which one had a recent interview this month and which ones sitiation affects the majority if people directly in their pocket.

Stop posting lies. The first post in months was this one.

And Bailey herself resurrected this thread by engaging in a interview.

We are free to discuss new information as it becomes available.

Without the interview, the thread would not be active.

Her own doing.....again.

Let us be clear, I do not support Maria Bailey, I oppose the misogynistic abuse given to her. There were clear examples on the last thread on this. It is a consistent problem with this forum.

We will have to take you at your word on that first sentence.

• Advertisement

Define abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

markodaly wrote: »
    Or ministers who are caught drink driving, an actual crime.
    Or maybe they don't like 'uppity' women?

My comments on the thread have nothing to do with her being a woman. In fact I've been one of the few people here not blaming her 100% for her accident.

Arugue with others if you want. I've no interest in sparring with you over perceived misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Last time I looked in the Dail, the main opposition party is led by a woman (north and south). The Social Democrats are led by 2 women and have 4 women TDs out of 6. Labour had a woman as previous party leader. When was Fine Gael last led by a woman? As I said, hypocritical.

I think you're on to something here Cluedo, FG have never had a woman as their leader which is clear evidence that they are a bunch of misogynists icon14.png.
    Sure look how they dumped Maria Bailey like a hot snot when she was really the victim in all of this, again more clear evidence of FG misogyny at play.

See how this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Please link so we know what you are referring to. Otherwise it is pointless.

Let us be clear, I do not support Maria Bailey, I oppose the misogynistic abuse given to her. There were clear examples on the last thread on this. It is a consistent problem with this forum.

The irony being, that literally the last thread you created, and are a top contributor to, was about a shinner TD who..... Shock horror...... just happens to also be a woman. :eek:

Is that misogyny too blanchy, or are you simply hoop talking?

Consistent as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    Please link so we know what you are referring to. Otherwise it is pointless.

There are plenty of posts with red and yellow cards in this thread and the last.

There were also posts that were subsequently deleted.

Pretending that there has been no abuse of Bailey on these boards is ostrich head in the sand stuff.

Edit: Not to mention the unsanctioned stuff that was never reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There are plenty of posts with red and yellow cards in this thread and the last.

Pretending that there has been no abuse of Bailey on these boards is ostrich head in the sand stuff.

Nobody is denying that there has been criticism........which is fair enough.

But you still have to show one post that was abusive. Are you sure you aren't mixing up criticism and abuse because they aren't the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Nobody is denying that there has been criticism........which is fair enough.

But you still have to show one post that was abusive. Are you sure you aren't mixing up criticism and abuse because they aren't the same thing?

I am not going to link to abusive posts that got carded. They are there for all to see (except the ones deleted).

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Report any misogynistic posts you see. As you stated, some have been sanctioned and/or deleted.

There is over 1000 posts a day between CA & COVID, Mods can't read every post, so it is hardly a surprise when unreported posts slip through the net

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pretending she's getting criticised for her sex rather than her behaviour is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that a post received a card is no indicator that it contained abuse and/or misogyny towards Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I am not going to link to abusive posts that got carded. They are there for all to see (except the ones deleted).

Almost 2 thousands posts on this thread.. what percentage of those are 'abusive'? 10/50/100? Even it it was a 100, which i doubt it comes near, that's .05%, i.e. minuscule. Now, from this minuscule amount, how many of the active posters are responsible for them?

givyjoe wrote: »
    Almost 2 thousands posts on this thread.. how what percentage of those are 'abusive'? 10/50/100? Even it it was a 100, which i doubt it comes near, that's .05%, i.e. minuscule. Now, from this minuscule amount, how many of the active posters are responsible for them?

I can only speak for myself.

I havent seen one comment that had a go at Bailey in an abusive manner , nor have I seen 1 post here that was sexist or had a go at her based off anything but her own actions.

She made claims that she was severely injured when she was able to run a race in 2 and a half weeks following her incidnet. Thats why Ive been highly critical.

Ive been discussion this topic since 2 weeks ago she made an interview. Shes a public figure and as such, open to criticism when she does something people dont agree with.

This subject is particular a sore spot for me when premiums for business are so high, these businesses go out of business. One reason premiums are high are because of overstated or false claims.

When someone has a go at her over her gender I will rightly lambast that POV. I have yet to see it in this thread.

Calling someone sexist, homophobic, racist without any basis is damaging and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Because they don't exist? Even a mod has asked you to point them out so that they can be removed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

So it was maria herself that caused the thread to be resurrected. but you and the other FG supporters keep coming on here repeating the same nonsense so it is the maria supporters that are keeping it going.

VERY true, she gave that interview with BO'C. Did she honestly expect to have her airtime and not expect any repercussions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im beginning to wonder if within the Fine Gael Manual for Online Debating (FGMOD) does there exist a rule that says 'When you are not able to debate the topic at hand then just tell everyone else that they are really misogynists/racists/homophobes and that they are really the problem'

That's not just FG alas, that's the neoliberal playbook in a nutshell. The Democrats in the states are constantly at it especially when attacking the left. Support Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton? You must be a sexist. Support Bernie Sanders over Elizabeth Warren? Sexist! Dislike Kamala Harris and wish Biden has chosen a different VP candidate? How dare you besmirch America's first non-white, female VP. Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's tiresome and nauseating, but it does at least show them up for having no legitimate counter-arguments, and the public by and large don't fall for this sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hopefully she keeps pursuing this issue and it leads to the recording of the incident in question being made public.

We've suffered enough of Maria Bailey and need to see this.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The gift that keeps on giving, kudos to Ms Bailey.

• Advertisement

F34 wrote: »

From that article......
    It is understood the investigation relates to coverage of a personal injuries claim taken by Ms Bailey which became commonly referred to as ‘swinggate’.

She's obviously changed her mind since the Sean, Sean, Sean, interview so.
    Sean O'Rourke: Do you believe the hotel should have had a supervisor there?

Maria Bailey: Sean, that legal case was put forward, right, that’s what you do when you put forward a case. What I’m saying to you is, I asked a number of months back ‘is this worth the hassle?’ because to be honest I just want to get on with my life ... I was told ‘you have nothing to fear’, and I distinctly asked ‘when will this information become public?’ so I can prepare myself for it being out there.

And I was told ‘this will not be public until you are before the courts’ and I was perfectly fine with that
    source

She's now trying to go legal because something became public, despite her saying she was perfectly fine with it going public.

Good luck with that Maria, I think you'll need it.

Advertisement