Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If INM had medical data on me, I'd be looking for information on where they accessed it.

I would too.

Whether you'd get that information is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

beakerjoe wrote: »
    This isnt about a breach of privacy. It appears she is looking for information on where INM collected her medical data.

what medical data is she alleging they collected?

what medical data is she alleging they collected?

God knows. I imagine it was some data published by them.
    By initiating a statutory inquiry the DPC puts itself in a position to issue an information notice compelling a third party to hand over specified information

Thats from the INM article, so its not specifically medical data perhaps. She is looking for data they hold relating her her and how they obtained it.

I wonder if it’s to do with having drinks in her hands whilst on the swing?

I’ll fess up, I was there and saw said drinks. I wasn’t but we could all do an I’m Spartacus on it :D

I wonder if it’s to do with having drinks in her hands whilst on the swing?

I’ll fess up, I was there and saw said drinks. I wasn’t but we could all do an I’m Spartacus on it :D

I imagine she believes information was leaked to INM. I think she is seeking information to see who was responsible.

Shes looking to pinpoint who it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

This isnt about a breach of privacy. It appears she is looking for information on where INM collected her medical data.
    they didn't collect it somebody gave it to them

they didn't collect it somebody gave it to them

But when someone gives it to them they are collecting it/obtaining it.

But when someone gives it to them they are collecting it/obtaining it.

If a court decides somebody giving their eyewitness account of an event to a journalist counts as personal data about the person involved in an event then say goodbye to investigative journalism.

If a court decides somebody giving their eyewitness account of an event to a journalist counts as personal data about the person involved in an event then say goodbye to investigative journalism.

Well there is a rule within GDPR that allows Journos to act outside of GDPR. Like the reporting on Court Cases etc.

We arent privy to the exact details of this enquiry beyond the brief information INM reported last week. But it may have a huge knock on affect regarding individuals providing info to journalists in confidentiality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If Bailey can be identified from a written eyewitness account that was leaked either from the Dean's records or from the solicitors, then that's probably a breach of GDPR.

If the eyewitness told a rake of people what they saw, then that's not a breach of GDPR. That's my take anyway.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If Bailey can be identified from a written eyewitness account that was leaked either from the Dean's records or from the solicitors, then that's probably a breach of GDPR.

If the eyewitness told a rake of people what they saw, then that's not a breach of GDPR. That's my take anyway.

I think thats correct. Im no expert but thats my reading of the law. What people do in a personal capacity is not GDPR accountable. Organizations have to comply with GDPR, so Dean, Solicitors, Fine Gael, the would all be governed by GDPR.

My reading would that the media outlets can work outside of GDPR due to a journalistic exemption. How far that exemption reaches is another matter.

Personally cant see it going far as compelling INM to reveal a source would be a big precedent. Im interested to see how it plays out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I wonder if we (The People) can sue Maria Bailey?
    For being really annoying.
    I think we could swing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Kivaro wrote: »
    I wonder if we (The People) can sue Maria Bailey?
    For being really annoying.
    I think we could swing it.

She did give us that phenomenal interview though.... Ssssssseeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Some judges are starting to cop on when it comes to these stupid lawsuits, thankfully.
    https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/judge-dismisses-60k-claim-against-sunway-travel-over-child-5-injured-by-ceiling-fan-40348039.html

The father must have a brass neck on him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Some judges are starting to cop on when it comes to these stupid lawsuits, thankfully.
    https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/judge-dismisses-60k-claim-against-sunway-travel-over-child-5-injured-by-ceiling-fan-40348039.html

What has this to do with this thread? Nothing.

people making claims for incidents caused by their own stupidity. I think that links them quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

I hope the father ran some costs up, based on hoisting his kids head into a ceiling fan, Id call that negligence. If only you could sue them for being thick.

1874 wrote: »
    I hope the father ran some costs up, based on hoisting his kids head into a ceiling fan, Id call that negligence. If only you could sue them for being thick.

Im annoyed the Judge didnt make an order for costs against the father. More cases like this will come before the courts, nothing to deter these claims.

• What has this to do with this thread? Nothing.

The damage limitation team have a quick response time these days. I'm impressed!

The damage limitation team have a quick response time these days. I'm impressed!

I think any updates to this thread set off a red flashing beacon in FG HQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think any updates to this thread set off a red flashing beacon in FG HQ.

I believe they have a special Ave Maria unit for this saga.

There is a vacant seat up the road now...I wonder...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Is she not at loggerheads with FG these days?

maybe but she is still a member so it still reflects on FG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Prob only with the DL branch, as it was they that ultimately forced her to get **deleted** from the ticket, in case anyone forgets Leo was cool with brushing it under the carpet, it was Bailey's local branch forced his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Bee in her bonnet specifically with Leo, noticed likes on a good few tweets giving leo stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Prob only with the DL branch, as it was they that ultimately forced her to get **deleted** from the ticket, in case anyone forgets Leo was cool with brushing it under the carpet, it was Bailey's local branch forced his hand.

This is true.
    He's probably the only reason she's still in the party. Maybe she's been promised rehabilitation and another go? The swings and roundabouts of Irish political life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

She's not gone away you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Shebean wrote: »
    She's not gone away you know.

DL could be a swing constituency at next election, she’ll be monitoring it closely, beer bottle in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Seemed as good a place as any for it E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

This thread should be closed. It has become a dumping ground for anything related to insurance.

Advertisement