Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

This thread should be closed. It has become a dumping ground for anything related to insurance.

or roughly translated " Stop posing about Maria Bailey's Insurance Case against the Dean Hotel":)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dav010 wrote: »
    DL could be a swing constituency at next election, she’ll be monitoring it closely, beer bottle in hand.

beer bottles in hands surely?

Oh go thank yourself :rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The damage limitation team have a quick response time these days. I'm impressed!

A 3 minute response. The bunker in Mount Street must be a hive of activity when the red light flashes on this thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Sean, Sean, SEAN

• Advertisement

Sean, Sean, SEAN

There was a lot more than 3 :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Still one of my favourite tweets of the time.

https://twitter.com/BigDirtyFry/status/1132958963253817345?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

McMurphy wrote: »

Love it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

McMurphy wrote: »

:D

There are a few. Can't remember where the 'Fine Gael trying to get bums back on seats in the pub' one was, I think one of the Radio stations. That was good if anyone can pull it up.. Maybe a Cork or Galway local station iirc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

What has this to do with this thread? Nothing.

Gosh Paddy, You’re nothing if not consist.

As the saying goes, a leopard never changes his/her spots.

How You cannot see the link between swingate & the OP’s post is baffling to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'd just like to say that Maria's 'testing the water for the comeback' idea, went really well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that Maria's 'testing the water for the comeback' idea, went really well :)

A big swing and a miss I guess

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Wouldn’t surprise me to learn MB is looking at Eoghan Murphy’s seat thinking of a comeback..... of sorts🙄

Wouldn’t surprise me to learn MB is looking at Eoghan Murphy’s seat thinking of a comeback..... of sorts🙄

The last seat she sat on didn't end well for her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

That's not her constituency.

Maria will be back in politics in some form or another though I'd imagine. Still has strong support in Dun Loaighre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Maria will be back in politics in some form or another though I'd imagine. Still has strong support in Dun Loaighre.

I don't think support was the issue....

More so... balance and trying to multitask at the same time..... was her ultimate downfall....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Multitasking means having the ability to balance a few things. We all know balancing is not Maria's strong suit and caused her downfall.

Howd you figure that? The people I know from that neck of the woods arent fond of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Howd you figure that? The people I know from that neck of the woods arent fond of her.

Probably not the sorts that ever voted for her. Her voters are from the more well to do areas.

Probably not the sorts that ever voted for her. Her voters are from the more well to do areas.

What an ignorant view.

On the contrary, I know 2 people who voted for her previously and now since Swinggate have no time for her.

Votes lost are votes lost Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Add to that she would likely be running as an independent against FG candidates, and they are very fond of telling everybody that an independent vote is a wasted vote.
    Even if she has a massive group of friends and family, I would highly doubt that she will get in again.
    I just searched her, and her twitter page came up. She is still flying the FG flag, she'll have to lose that running as an independent. On a side note, I can't imagine the local musician is over the moon with her plugging him.. :D
    Mind you, they do say any publicity is good publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

There is her slogan.

I represent the well to do who don’t care that I’m an ejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

The type of constituents who wouldn't want an insurance chancer representing them in govt, possibly why she got the boot?

These voters in the well to do areas, would they by chance be business owners who see year on year increases in their public liability premiums due to chancers blaming their business for their own stupidity? Business owners who either have to spend a considerable amount of time dealing with these claims or require more staff to do so for them and as such, affecting their profits?

I’d say she kept the votes in the well to do areas alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FG's attitude and arrogance in a nutshell. They should make this a campaign slogan.

No wonder FG haemorrhaged support last time out, left poor old Leo waiting to see if he'd scrape through in his own constituency, made FF electable again (that one must really stick in their craw), as well as leaving SF within touching distance of a majority (or maybe that one)

Yup, vote FG! :rolleyes:

What an obnoxious retort Paddy. Didn’t think even You could stoop so low.

Typical arrogance by a FG’er.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

So she'd only cater to them? Sounds like an awful 'public' representative.

A post goes off in the thread about MB, Paddys in here quicker than Leo can leak a confidential document.

He makes a very ignorant comment, gets called out and hes like a fart in the wind.

• beakerjoe wrote: »
    A post goes off in the thread about MB, Paddys in here quicker than Leo can leak a confidential document.

He makes a very ignorant comment, gets called out and hes like a fart in the wind.

His goal is to get the thread shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

beakerjoe wrote: »

Heard same

Said she was completely inattentive to constituency issues once she got her seat

Advertisement