Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Nolan give 1 year to guilty pedo.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

And also a child.

What the hell does having a penis got to do with consent or child sexual abuse?

Context: I was responding to the claim of rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 turb0mint

And also a child.

Actually the law specifically defines rape as when a penis or other object is forced into a vagina without consent. Therefore women cannot technically carry out rape

See excerpt from Criminal Law Rape Act 1990

4.—(1) In this Act “rape under section 4 ” means a sexual assault that includes—

(a) penetration (however slight) of the anus or mouth by the penis, or

(b) penetration (however slight) of the vagina by any object held or manipulated by another person.

(2) A person guilty of rape under section 4 shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for life.

(3) Rape under section 4 shall be a felony.

Can't be consensual when one is a minor.

I think he meant that because the child wasn't forced, it wouldn't be sexual assault but instead statutory rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The boy said he suffers stress, migraines, anxiety and feels under pressure.

Definitely setting it up for a claim against the school. He's 18 now and because he had sex when he was 16 with his teacher, he is claiming he is psychologically damaged. What a croc of ****

This country sometimes....

A one year custodial sentence is harsh, very harsh irrespective of the gender

I suspect all of that came from the fallout from the case and the law getting involved, not from the actual "relationship".

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

turb0mint wrote: »
    Actually the law specifically defines rape as when a penis or other object is forced into a vagina without consent. Therefore women cannot technically carry out rape

Women can carry it out alright, just men cannot be the victim

• Advertisement

turb0mint wrote: »

I wonder what the actual wording of the offence was. Can't seem to find it on any report.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is this the same teacher who was all over what's app last year in compromising positions, think she was working out foreign afterward but came home to face the music.
    I assume the pics and vids were shared by him originally and that's how the whole thing blew up on them.

Someone said she raped and groomed the child. You responded:
    Ardent wrote: »
    Apparently not. It was entirely consensual according to reports.

to which I said:
    Children can't consent to sex with an adult :confused::confused:

You responded:
    The victim was the one with the penis.

to which I said:
    And also a child.

to which you said:
    Context: I was responding to the claim of rape.

So forgive me for not seeing your context as you said the child was not raped and groomed because it was consensual.

A child can not consent to anything. If you meant that the child couldn't be raped because of the literal definition given a few posts ago, consent has nothing to do with it. Same goes for grooming. Consent is not a factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think he meant that because the child wasn't forced, it wouldn't be sexual assault but instead statutory rape.

I got that but it can't be consensual. He can't consent. His opinion is irrelevant to the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This lads mother made a big issue of it when she found out and rightfully so but where was she when her 15 year old child was in a night club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

siblers wrote: »
    Age of consent is 17. He was 16 which makes it rape. Consent or no consent

Interestingly, even if he were 17, it’s still a crime for an authority figure to have sex with him.
    3A. (1) A person in authority who engages in a sexual act with a child who has attained the age of 17 years but is under the age of 18 years shall be guilty of an offence.

I wonder why she can't be named/shown. Men usually don't get that luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

To protect his identity.

I see the charge was "defilement of a child".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gatling wrote: »
    Joke sentence this is a woman who is a qualified teacher and Very well aware of child protection ,
    If it was a male teacher they would have seen a multiple year sentence
    what's sauce for the gander is not always sauce for the goose

To protect his identity.

That's fair enough so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Lets be honest about it, there isn't a red blooded male in here who didn't wish they didn't get an opportunity to hop on top of one of their female teachers at some stage or another. Yes, its sexist, yes, its double standards, but lets cut the ****, he would have been mad up for it and is now playing the victim because him and his parents see a claim in it.

That's the main thing that gets me, the lack of sincerity and victim complex. Him & a lot of others are beginning to go down a road that is bad for this country, trust me, in another few years, you won't be able to fart in public without someone making some sort of ridiculous claim.

Whether we like it or not, we don't live in a completely fair & equal society, women will always be treated more leniently than men in cases like these mainly down to our archaic judicial system, the increased risk of pregnancy a juvenile female would be exposed to and the subsequent fallout to that along with the overall physical dominance a male teacher is likely to have over a female student.

It is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is this the same teacher who was all over what's app last year in compromising positions, think she was working out foreign afterward but came home to face the music.
    I assume the pics and vids were shared by him originally and that's how the whole thing blew up on them.

I don't think that's the same case at all. Apparently, the mother found out about his "relationship" in this case and reported the teacher.....nothing to do with pictures or videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lets be honest about it, there isn't a red blooded male in here who didn't wish they didn't get an opportunity to hop on top of one of their female teachers at some stage or another. Yes, its sexist, yes, its double standards, but lets cut the ****, he would have been mad up for it and is now playing the victim because him and his parents see a claim in it.

That's the main thing that gets me, the lack of sincerity and victim complex. Him & a lot of others are beginning to go down a road that is bad for this country, trust me, in another few years, you won't be able to fart in public without someone making some sort of ridiculous claim.

Whether we like it or not, we don't live in a completely fair & equal society, women will always be treated more leniently than men in cases like these mainly down to our archaic judicial system, the increased risk of pregnancy a juvenile female would be exposed to and the subsequent fallout to that along with the overall physical dominance a male teacher is likely to have over a female student.

It is what it is
    absolutely. as long as we agree that this inequities can go either way.

Some young girls are also "mad up for it" at a young age. Should it be ok for male teachers to "hop on top of them" if they are getting signals?

Yeah, a teacher getting charged for having sex with an underage student is exactly the slippery slope that will lead to you unable to break wind.

That's such a ridiculous argument.

• Advertisement

Definitely setting it up for a claim against the school. He's 18 now and because he had sex when he was 16 with his teacher, he is claiming he is psychologically damaged. What a croc of ****

Would you be saying such, if it were a female victim of a male teacher? Or male teacher on male victim?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Once again you spout utter nonsense in your crusade against women.

She can’t be named to protect the identity of the child. Same goes for a man.

muffler wrote: »
    This lads mother made a big issue of it when she found out and rightfully so but where was she when her 15 year old child was in a night club?

Same place my mother (and much of Ireland's were) would be.
    Lied to and thinking I was in a friend's place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'd say he's been dining out on it - the class hero for sleeping with the teacher. Psychological damage my backside. He should try overcoming childhood abuse from the age of 6 and see how psychologically damaged he is then. I have that t-shirt and it's a million miles from this circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Some young girls are also "mad up for it" at a young age. Should it be ok for male teachers to "hop on top of them" if they are getting signals?

Yeah, a teacher getting charged for having sex with an underage student is exactly the slippery slope that will lead to you unable to break wind.

That's such a ridiculous argument.

You got some kind of a problem?? Want to pm me?

Faugheen wrote: »
    Once again you spout utter nonsense in your crusade against women.

She can’t be named to protect the identity of the child. Same goes for a man.

Wind your neck in. I asked a questions, someone answered and said the reason and I said that was fair enough.

Mostly, in cases like this, the man is named and plastered all over the newspapers. This woman wasn't. I was unaware it was to protect the victim.

Crusade against women? You don't know anything about me, but as a single father of a daughter, and after being raised by my sister and mother, I have nothing but respect for some woman. Just not all. In the same way I respect some men, but not all.

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

🙄

Not at all chief, I just disagree with your opinion. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Can't be consensual when one is a minor.

Yes it can. 17 year olds in Ireland can give consent.

Ireland, because of its very traditional stance on sexuality has usually had very strict laws on all things related to sexuality, while mainland Europe has predominantly had more relaxed laws. That's why Ireland has the highest age of consent in Europe, and why this teacher is a pedophile while Emanuel Macron's wife, isn't.

There are of course a debate to be had with the age of consent, and that despite our incredibly high age of consent, Ireland has had more of an issue with pedophilia than most of Europe (granted that that had a common cause rather than being cause and effect). There is nonetheless the complication that a teacher is in a role of authority, in the same way as a doctor and patient is a skewed relationship. More than that, a student in secondary school can't just vote with their feet. This is a very close relationship that does not in any way improve with the introduction of sexuality.

Nevertheless there will be the outraged individuals here holding their indignation dearly to their chest. I mean this combines two of the favorite ingredients for indignation: minors, and sexuality. Added to this people wanting to score easy points for sexual equality will have a field day. The lack of balance and proportionality that this is going to generate is tiresome to anyone who isn't dancing to the drumbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Everyone already knows her name

Advertisement