Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Nolan give 1 year to guilty pedo.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

somehow I suspect the mother rightfully was the one pushing for charges, instead of the kid.

The mother does not come out looking that good either considering the reports the kid was in nightclubs at 15, where was the mother worry when he was in clubs late at night ?
    After she was called to school to discuss son's poor attendance record. The same sin who was in nightclubs at 15. She must be in contention for the mother of the year.

I might be the only person here with friends who had sex at 16 often with partners who were over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

meeeeh wrote: »
    After she was called to school to discuss son's poor attendance record. The same sin who was in nightclubs at 15. She must be in contention for the mother of the year.

I might be the only person here with friends who had sex at 16 often with partners who were over 18.

Those partners were really stupid in that case, as they faced the prospect of jail and being labelled as sex offenders. Or at least stupid to be openly discussing it.

A lot of 16 year olds are of course sexually active (though they aren't necessarily raping each other, though I doubt eviltwin could be convinced) but they are breaking the law as it currently stands. People are throwing their hands up in the air in shock about hearing about a 15 year old being in a nightclub. Do these people actually live in Ireland, or are they just pretending? What are they actually shocked about?

It was not in Ireland, the age of consent was 15 or 16. I know quite a few who had sex younger but mostly with kids approximately the same age.

Maybe it's cultural thing and more often the older partner would be male but calling someone a peado for that it's frankly laughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

People are throwing their hands up in the air in shock about hearing about a 15 year old being in a nightclub.

The point you are not grasping is the mother is making out her son is some innocent naive child, but he was in nightclubs at 15, his caring mother seemed to be totally clueless to his whereabouts

the naive son was sleeping with an adult, and even went back for more, he was hardly traumatized.

But that does not negate the teacher broke the law, and as a teacher knew exactly her actions were immoral and criminal, and she deserves to be punished and got a light sentence that would have been harsher if it was a man in her position with a 16 year old girl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Why would a 23 year old hot girl, assuming she's hot, I've not seen the photos just read comments on here, want to shag a 16 year old?

Is that not disturbing in itself?

A 23 year old girl who's good looking will have many sexual options of all ages so the fact she choose a 16 year old is worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Esse85 wrote: »
    Why would a 23 year old hot girl, assuming she's hot, I've not seen the photos just read comments on here, want to shag a 16 year old?

Ask Elvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sending the teacher to jail serves no real purpose imo. Yes she was wrong but she has already paid a heavy price with the loss of her career and will continue to pay dearly for the rest of her life. A suspended sentence would have been more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

A 23 year old girl who's good looking will have many sexual options of all ages so the fact she choose a 16 year old is worrying.

i've seen a few shots of her supposedly and if it is her then she is seriuosly hot. i'd say the lad is traumitised cause he realised he'll never get anyone btter looking than her :D. Lucky kid no doubt a hero in school!

That's what it's harder to understand for me. Usually boys mature later so it's easier to understand if man is older. That being said wasn't Macron around that age when he got involved with his wife who was twice his age . Is she considered a paedophile?*

*spoiler: she is not and some here would benefit from reading what paedophilia actually is. And how it's different from sex or rape of minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I've no idea what the lad looks like but somehow I don't picture him as five foot tall with a face full of adolescent zits. If he does look like that then maybe she really is a peado in the real sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Anyone know when the story will appear on this site.
    https://www.nwci.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Every young lad wants to ride their teacher if their sexy.

Wish these teachers were around when I was in school

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Luckily OP clarified the title for us with the word "guilty" or else we might have assumed - "Martin Nolan give 1 year to innocent pedo."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Every young lad wants to ride their teacher if their sexy.

Wish these teachers were around when I was in school

You obviously didn't go to my school

Oh no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

The French are much more enlightened than the Irish.

emmanuel-macron-brigitte-trogneux.jpg

Tea Shock wrote: »
    One of my former teachers was done for the sane thing about 15 years ago.

A male teacher who had messed around with a male student who had been in the year before me.

He got the exact sane sentence as yer one today

Jaysis. That's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

She's not a paedo, if he was under 12 she would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

The sentence seems harsh given all the circumstances, but I think it would probably be more severe if the sexes were reversed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Ardent wrote:
    Apparently not. It was entirely consensual according to reports.

It was statutory rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

DellyBelly wrote: »
    i've seen a few shots of her supposedly and if it is her then she is seriuosly hot. i'd say the lad is traumitised cause he realised he'll never get anyone btter looking than her :D. Lucky kid no doubt a hero in school!

That's probably what is causing his anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bits of the 1935 act seemed to get changed as certain things became politically incorrect. For example it makes specific reference to the crime of buggery, and to intercourse with 'idiots'.

Guilty, your honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

The boy was probably lauded as a class legend for bedding his teacher, in fairness not one of us here can say we didn't fancy a teacher in our school years, if someone says they didn't then you're a liar. Had the boy been 17 then this story would not be in the spot light, This reminds me of the Jeremy Forrest case in the UK where he was the teacher and the student was a 15 year old female, he got longer than 1 year however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

My post seems to have been deleted for no reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Children can't consent to sex with an adult :confused::confused:

Our poor little harmless boys ... oh they don’t know what they want at 16.... they are old enough to drive massive tractors down the road, leave school, drive motorcycles ...etc.... but they didn’t know what they were doing with their Willies and didn’t give consent...absolute bull****e ....she was entirely wrong to mess with a student ... even if he was 17.... but not buying the harmless 16 year old boy ****. Where was his worried mummy and daddy when their son was able to go out to a over 18 disco for the nite? Did tusla investigate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

The boy was probably lauded as a class legend for bedding his teacher, in fairness not one of us here can say we didn't fancy a teacher in our school years, if someone says they didn't then you're a liar. Had the boy been 17 then this story would not be in the spot light, This reminds me of the Jeremy Forrest case in the UK where he was the teacher and the student was a 15 year old female, he got longer than 1 year however.

Yeah thats one case I remember, ran off to France together. They even promised each other she would wait for him when he came out of jail too. Wonder how thats going for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I don't think OP knows what a pedo is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

She was a sub teacher

She has ruined her teaching career and any chance of moving abroad to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

She was in a position of power and duty of care. She was well aware of his age and premeditated her actions. There can be no excusing any of that. I feel the sentence was too lenient. There are some red lines you can never cross and come back from and this is one of them.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    Yeah thats one case I remember, ran off to France together. They even promised each other she would wait for him when he came out of jail too. Wonder how thats going for them..

There was alleged contact once post release even though he was ordered not to. He has a new girlfriend now. Just to elaborate, Jeremy Forrest got 5 and a a half years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have you been out in public before ? Have you seen some of the cretins that completely normal looking hot women choose as partners?

Advertisement