Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Nolan give 1 year to guilty pedo.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

You got some kind of a problem?? Want to pm me?

Is this the boards equivalent of "wanna step outside". :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Four posts in and no South Park references yet?

Ah man I'd already said it about 5 times in my head before I got to your post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

eviltwin wrote: »
    Let's not turn this into one of those arguments please, a child was raped here.

Let’s stick to facts; there was no rape and people are seriously reaching with the “child” thing.

If she’d ‘defiled’ him an hour up the road in Newry there’d be no case to answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

LillySV wrote: »
    Our poor little harmless boys ... oh they don’t know what they want at 16.... they are old enough to drive massive tractors down the road, leave school, drive motorcycles ...etc.... but they didn’t know what they were doing with their Willies and didn’t give consent...absolute bull****e ....she was entirely wrong to mess with a student ... even if he was 17.... but not buying the harmless 16 year old boy ****. Where was his worried mummy and daddy when their son was able to go out to a over 18 disco for the nite? Did tusla investigate?

His mother might be useless with no idea what her kid was up to.
    The kid might have enjoyed the sex and went back for more.

But what you seem intent on ignoring is the teacher, who knew it was morally and legally wrong still broke the law....

She is guilty of rape with a minor, that is a FACT, and she is no sexually naive woman like she was painted in the media.....and were that a male having sex with a minor I would suspect the outrage would be more and the sentence tougher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Let’s stick to facts; there was no rape and people are seriously reaching with the “child” thing.

If she’d ‘defiled’ him an hour up the road in Newry there’d be no case to answer.

Perhaps she should have done that then. I have no sympathy for her. She isn't a victim here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Harsh on the young woman. No danger to society going forward and the lad was 16. I believe she genuinely though this was the legal age.

Fair play to the youngster too. She is cracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Martin Nolan is a very very strange fish.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Martin Nolan is a very very strange fish.

Ex guard.

Ex guard.

What does that have to do with anything? His judgements are very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Where are people getting the idea that a man would have gotten a tougher sentence? This judge is either a fucking moron or a paedophile himself. Male rapists and molesters of children far younger than 15 or 16 regularly walk out of his court free men.

There's a few examples of his ridiculous sentences here. I was going to quote them but Boards won't let me for some reason.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/judge-is-no-stranger-to-controversy-30197046.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Surely in teaching college they teach students a module on ethics, not crossing a line with students, legal age being 18 etc.?

I cant believe all this is not taught to students in college.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

easypazz wrote: »
    Surely in teaching college they teach students a module on ethics, not crossing a line with students, legal age being 18 etc.?

I cant believe all this is not taught to students in college.

you dont NEED to be taught it.

Anyone who is a teacher with a modicum of decency and common sense would know shagging kids in your class is not on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

His mother might be useless with no idea what her kid was up to.
    The kid might have enjoyed the sex and went back for more.

But what you seem intent on ignoring is the teacher, who knew it was morally and legally wrong still broke the law....

She is guilty of rape with a minor, that is a FACT, and she is no sexually naive woman like she was painted in the media.....and were that a male having sex with a minor I would suspect the outrage would be more and the sentence tougher

Didn’t ignore it, clearly said she was wrong to have sex with a student, even if 17. Fact is she is a teacher and shouldn’t be ****ing a student ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte can be grateful they weren't born Paddies.

She'd have long had her life ruined and he would not be President of France.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What does that have to do with anything? His judgements are very odd.

Id have thought his experiences as a guard would have shown him the impact of pedos.

Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Four posts in and no South Park references yet?

Dey tuk ur jebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Hanna Red Backgammon

Is Linda Hayden doing a protest over this??

Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte can be grateful they weren't born Paddies.

She'd have long had her life ruined and he would not be President of France.

Tbf, he is not doing a great job of it is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

you dont NEED to be taught it.

Anyone who is a teacher with a modicum of decency and common sense would know shagging kids in your class is not on

Well she certainly deserved to lose her job. Having her life destroyed seems a bit much. As one poster said, hour up the road in Newry this wouldn't even be considered a crime. Anywhere in mainland Europe this wouldn't be considered a crime, at least in the same sense.

The sticking point is that she was his teacher. That's the real issue here. But that doesn't have as an emotive a kick as going on about him being a 'child' as if he were 6 and not 16. This loses the real point. I've seen abuse of power between people in contexts of sexual relationships, but unless you can slap some bandwagon phase on it like 'feminism' or 'child welfare' nobody seems to give a damn.

That's not saying that what she did was right, but people that are saying that she should be spending best part of a decade in jail really need to evaluate their assessment of justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

I wouldn't class her as a pedofile tbh as he reached puberty and pedofilia is a different kettle of fish than statutory rape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Ex guard.

Now that is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

As one poster said, hour up the road in Newry this wouldn't even be considered a crime.

Just to clarify one thing that's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, if she had committed the act in Newry, she'd still be liable for the offence under the Sexual Offences (Jurisdiction) Act 1996.

Sexual Offences are one of the few things we claim any sort of extra-territorial jurisdiction-esque powers over (albeit against Irish citizens). The benefit is we can prosecute any citizen who deliberately seeks out children in those countries with the lowest age of consent.

Now that is interesting.

Ever seen a member of AGS in a court?

So thick they can't even read their own hand writing

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Jailed for making a young fellas dreams come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

https://www.thejournal.ie/sexual-assault-brendan-clifford-tallaght-4874386-Oct2019/

Nolan again suspended partial sentence. Wonder what the mitigating factor was here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

in 2015 the same judge gave a man six months for abusing his five year old daughter and said he doesn't "represent an ongoing threat to society".

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-gets-six-months-for-sexually-abusing-his-daughter-5-31071987.html

That's just one example of ridiculous sentences I found from Googling his name. There's plenty more.

Anyone that says a man would have gotten a harsher sentence for having sex with a teenager is talking shite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Heard a couple of women talking about the case in work today, the general consensus was 'he knew what he was doing'. As in the teacher was 'foolish' but 16 year old boy was to really to blame.

Now imagine if the genders were the other way around!!!

A lot of moronic mysognistic stuff on here demanding death by stoning simply because the teacher is female and not male and "only got" a one year sentence.

Fact is she got 3 years.
    She was made an example of by a judge who lets paedophile men with thousands of images of children being abused or raped for off for next to nothing.

In addition the legal age for sex across virtually all EU countries is 16 years (with admittedly exceptions for those in positions around teenagers)

Also .... As Joe Jackson might say...don't you know that it's different for girls.

Women don't have throbbing cocks ready for penetration.
    That 16yo guy was no more abused than I was having to read moronic posts on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I think the point has been widely missed by a lot of people.
    This isn't a gender war thing; this isn't more bullsh1t US identity politics. This is about our broken legal system and a particularly woeful judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

A lot of moronic mysognistic stuff on here demanding death by stoning ....
    Really? Really? I missed those posts.

Advertisement