Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living with a Brompton, or similar.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

So I'd been threatening to get one for a while but finally bit the bullet and bought one from Hollingsworth yesterday evening.

Got a 3 speed in Britsout Racing Green!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've mine 6 months now and have put 500+km on it - use it as my main way of getting around town.

Get a basket and you can even use it to go to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I've mine 6 months now and have put 500+km on it - use it as my main way of getting around town.

Get a basket and you can even use it to go to the shops.
    Yes, it's my getting-a-few-messages bike. It's ready to hand, under the stairs, I've incorporated a small repair kit into the frame and saddle, it has fixed lights, and because of the fold, I only have to bring one big lock. A long Kryptonite Series 4 lock goes through the triangle and the front wheel. Z-lok combo and normal z-lok secure the saddle and rear wheel (because the fold means you can't get the rear wheel off). I don't leave the basket on the bike like that; I bring it into the shop to put the messages in.

I don't leave it for too long outside (homemade basket only big enough for a modest shop anyway), but that's probably being overcautious.

516377.jpg

Advertisement