Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achill asylum centre cancelled - mod warning in OP (01/11/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Grand so its all a hoax on my part,no refugees live in any town in Ireland, Achill has been unfairly targeted as the epicentre of mass migration.

Pitchforks and torches outside your window in no time. That's a hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Leo stating a lot of chancers come from those places because they are deemed 'safe' is pig ignorant coming from the political leader of a country.

He's simply speaking from (already verified) logic, in this regard.

Likely is referring to locations such as the (single largest) source with the 99.97% rejection rate. Yes 99.97% !!!
    Of course many others too, have the very high percentiles (82-97%) of rejection also.

I.e. Mostly chancers from these specific locations, it would actually be pig ignorant to deny the clear trend and proven correlation.

Whereas another (single) source is deemed 99% genuine, from last year's totals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Never once heard of a tax rise due to immigrants, nor have I ever heard of a tax decrease because of a lack of them.
    But you've heard of 'deliberate health tourism', yes?

This via (non-EU or illegal) migrants costs somewhere such as England hundreds of millions £'s per year.

Unless it's covered by 'magic tooth fairies', it gets taken out of their NHS budget each year, as a fiscal writedown (loss). This has to be paid for by taxes or reduced services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Blaming immigrants for one's financial woes, this all seems strangely familiar....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

So individuals cause tax rises? I always thought they were the elected ones.

Yes if just 1 will not contribute there will be tax increase. :-O Look I'm not going to answer stupid twisting of posts. If welfare expenditure increases significantly because of accepting enough spoofers in then yes there will be tax increases. What's the cost of this little experiment already? I'm guessing not cheap and this is just providing DP style accomodation with
    small cost of living handouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Blaming immigrants for one's financial woes, this all seems strangely familiar....

I think all are agreed that only those immigrants gaming the system from countries identified by Varakar are responsible for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Once again Varadkar's ignorance sticks it's head out of selfie land.
    His talk on Georgia and Albania is nothing short of idiotic. Gays in both places are persecuted and beaten. There may not be a war the someone Instagramed Leo about, but that doesn't mean it's safe for everyone.
    I would have thought Leo might be more well read on the issue, but then again, it is Leo.

The most perinent questions you should ask are:

1. Where is the closest safe country that people from these countries can claim asylum. For Albania it is either Greece of Italy. Georgia is more difficult, but if they are flying there are no direct flights to Dublin. However they can transfer in Munich or fly to Istanbul and then stopover in Paris so there you go. Claim asylum in Munich. Or Paris.

2. Where are they coming from to claim asylum? If a claimant from one of those countries has had a stop-over in another jurisdiction in Europe then, as above, lots of luck and back you go to claim asylum there.

3. Are any of the Georgians or Albanians coming here from another EU country where they either a) should have claimed Asylum or b) Have lived there illegally and now want to come here to claim asylum or c) Have had their asylum application rejected in another EU country.

Varadkar is not wrong.

Yes if just 1 will not contribute there will be tax increase. :-O Look I'm not going to answer stupid twisting of posts. If welfare expenditure increases significantly because of accepting enough spoofers in then yes there will be tax increases. What's the cost of this little experiment already? I'm guessing not cheap and this is just providing DP style accomodation with
    small cost of living handouts.

Dont know where this "accepting of spoofers" is coming from, yere own stats prove the vast majority are being refused entry, what more do ye want? Blasted into space?

Dont know where this "accepting of spoofers" is coming from, yere own stats prove the vast majority are being refused entry, what more do ye want? Blasted into space?

Why are they still sitting on DP for years so? Well I'd say if welfare was as generous on the moon as here. Then space might be the new favourite destination :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

It would make perfect sense if you were up to speed.

Explain it then, so we can all watch it fall apart together.

• Advertisement

Why are they still sitting on DP for years so? Well I'd say if welfare was as generous on the moon as here. Then space might be the new favourite destination :)

Yes the promised land, €38.80 a week in a prison like environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The most perinent questions you should ask are:

1. Where is the closest safe country that people from these countries can claim asylum. For Albania it is either Greece of Italy. Georgia is more difficult, but if they are flying there are no direct flights to Dublin. However they can transfer in Munich or fly to Istanbul and then stopover in Paris so there you go. Claim asylum in Munich. Or Paris.

2. Where are they coming from to claim asylum? If a claimant from one of those countries has had a stop-over in another jurisdiction in Europe then, as above, lots of luck and back you go to claim asylum there.

3. Are any of the Georgians or Albanians coming here from another EU country where they either a) should have claimed Asylum or b) Have lived there illegally and now want to come here to claim asylum or c) Have had their asylum application rejected in another EU country.

Varadkar is not wrong.

It is wrong and ignorant for the leader of a country to pick out two entire countries and vilify them for a handy sound bite. He is writing off people from those counties and generalising when we rate people on a case by case. Every person deserves the same chance and benefit of the doubt.
    It's okay for a nobody on the internet to talk like that but not a Taoiseach even if it is Leo.

Ciaranis wrote: »
    Explain it then, so we can all watch it fall apart together.

In response to your ill-informed remark about...
    hoary old tropes about spongers and chancers without a shred of evidence to back up any such assertions.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111683391&postcount=770

Georgian ambassador to Ireland, George Zurabashvilli, told The Irish Times
    “there are no political circumstances for Georgians to seek asylum in any third countries”.

He said his government is working with Ireland to prevent the “unauthorised travel of people abroad” and that to his knowledge, the majority of applications by Georgian nationals for asylum in Ireland are refused.

From the Irish Times website, yesterday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/varadkar-s-comments-on-illegal-immigration-dangerous-says-rights-group-1.4070902

Looks like you gave yourself enough trope to hang yourself.

;)

Last time I'm doing your homework for you, by the way. You could have Googled it for yourself.

Yes the promised land, €38.80 a week in a prison like environment.

Prison? Jaysus there in the Joy. It's what's at the end of that is the promised land. If it's that bad they can leave.
    Come on, your pretending be naive at this stage.

In response to your ill-informed remark about...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111683391&postcount=770

From the Irish Times website, yesterday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/varadkar-s-comments-on-illegal-immigration-dangerous-says-rights-group-1.4070902

Looks like you gave yourself enough trope to hang yourself.

;)

Last time I'm doing your homework for you, by the way. You could have Googled it for yourself.

You mean the Georgian representative is saying 'nothing to see here' so we should move along?
    Six years on, the violent scene remains imprinted in the minds of Georgia’s LGBT community: dozens of gay rights demonstrators being beaten in the streets of Tbilisi by black-frocked priests and far-right protesters, some bearing clubs and other weapons. The modern-day pogrom in 2013 seemed like a warning: whatever Georgia’s aspirations to join Europe, its queer community would be left behind.

But this week activists are planning the country’s first LGBT pride events in a gambit to convert the underground explosion of queer culture in Georgia into political change. Arrayed against them are conservative and Christian activists and a police force that says they can’t guarantee the safety of the protesters. Many fear the violence of 2013 could be repeated.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/16/georgia-prepares-for-first-lgbt-pride-tbilisi-amid-threats-of-violence

Prison? Jaysus there in the Joy. It's what's at the end of that is the promised land. If it's that bad they can leave.
    Come on, your pretending be naive at this stage.

What exactly is at the end again when 99% of said "chancers" are being refused?

He's simply speaking from (already verified) logic, in this regard.

Likely is referring to locations such as the (single largest) source with the 99.97% rejection rate. Yes 99.97% !!!
    Of course many others too, have the very high percentiles (82-97%) of rejection also.

I.e. Mostly chancers from these specific locations, it would actually be pig ignorant to deny the clear trend and proven correlation.

Whereas another (single) source is deemed 99% genuine, from last year's totals.

Again, it's not for the leader of a country to speak in such a manner, IMO.
    If these chancers are being refused what's the problem and why insult every persone coming from those places? Does he not realise that when he speaks (some) people take him seriously?

You mean the Georgian representative is saying 'nothing to see here' so we should move along?

The Georgian representative speaks for himself.

A lot of things happen in the world, and actually within the EU, that we are not in a position to do anything much about.

I don't have the saviour complex either for myself or this country, that some others seem encumbered by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Youll forgive me if I dont want to give an inkling of my location on a thread such as this, pitchforks and torches outside my window in no time.

No I wont actually, because we dont know what town it is and dont want to know, so you cannot be tracked, nor would anyone be bothered to as far as I can see. Plenty people have stated on here that they live in towns with dp centres so if they arent being tracked then a guy living 'minutes' away in an undisclosed direction is surely safe as houses...
    So, please answer the question.

No I wont actually, because we dont know what town it is and dont want to know, so you cannot be tracked, nor would anyone be bothered to as far as I can see. Plenty people have stated on here that they live in towns with dp centres so if they arent being tracked then a guy living 'minutes' away in an undisclosed direction is surely safe as houses...
    So, please answer the question.

Within blast radius of a suicide vest, I'm constantly on edge.

• Advertisement

Within blast radius of a suicide vest.

Islamophobic.

Reported.

Islamophobic.

Reported.

Report away,its called irony/satire, mod will see from all my previous posts Im anything but Islamophobic.

Report away,its called irony/satire, mod will see from all my previous posts Im anything but Islamophobic.

No backseat modding, please.

Reported.

Joking. This time.

No backseat modding, please.

Reported.

So you've already stated, by definition are you not backseat modding yourself? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

What exactly is at the end again when 99% of said "chancers" are being refused?
    Appeal, rinse & repeat.

So you've already stated, by definition are you not backseat modding yourself? :)

By pressing the 'report' button ?

;)

Fair play to you, you can take a joke. Kudos.

recedite wrote: »
    Appeal, rinse & repeat.

For 38 quid a week and up until last year half that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Remember there not destitute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Plenty of scams going on. They are not completely idle.
    Top of the list was Nigeria, which received €375million from the Irish economy. With an estimated 17,500 Nigerians in the country, each sent home an average of €21,400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

€38.80 on top of child benefit and the choice to earn more by working. Id imagine that the biggest draws are free accommodation, free healthcare and education.

Advertisement